New Angeles Forum Game: Capital, CAPITAL!

OK, deck is fixed and the new card back on top of the Event Deck is Human First.

So Susan Chen can not be used outside of the turn, so sorry @Perky_Goth.

@rowe33 must discard down to 5 cards. Hand refresher on the way to @rho21.

Next Asset is:

At your leisure after discards @rho21

I’ll offer up my emergency action, Ruthless Tactics.

@Perky_Goth

Pass. @soondifferent

So after this round there’s 1 more before the event is resolved?

If so, is the plan Ruthless Tactics and then Mandatory Quarantine? soondifferent also mentioned it might be worthwhile to source some more unorthodox knowledge, but I am guessing illness removal will be as important regardless of the event picked.

Pass @lantz

Pass @Tim_N

The other way round would be better, if anything. Feel free to counter-offer.

It’s a shame we need to do the illness removal (@soondifferent: is this definitely necessary?), because it’s going to be tough to meet demand if we can’t move the android this phase.

Yes, unfortunately it is absolutely necessary. However we should remove only from sector 9 and 10, for reasons that will become apparent come next event.

I think at this point we might need to abandon the demand and focus on events + information procurement. I can’t check the manual atm, do we lose on 25 threat or over 25?

I am going to counter-offer Mandatory Quarantine.

@rowe33

If the game ends due to threat reaching 25, all players lose
the game except the federalist, who wins the game if he has
at least 25 capital. If he does not have 25 capital at this time,
he loses the game along with the other players.

@Jorn_Weines Do I discard openly?

I just checked the spreadsheet and somehow @rowe33 has 41 capital without me ever noticing. I hope the cylons that come for us in the real world aren’t as capable as this guy.

Yes.

No, just the number and send me the discards in PM.

I discard 5 cards.

Ok, discards noted. You also need to pass or Counter Offer for the Deal @rowe33.

Oops, sorry, I’ll pass. @rho21

OK, that means it is @rho21’s Ruthless Tactics vs. @Tim_N’s Mandatory Quarantine. Support phase begins with @Perky_Goth.

Pass. @soondifferent

Hmm, at this juncture I fear I have no choice but to play hardball for the sake of my company. Otherwise Melange will fall either way, and I might as well pick the quicker method. I can support the counteroffer, which is best ASSUMING we can replace the next event via another Unorthodox Knowledge, but I will require 4 capital from Jinteki upfront. I do not ask for more, because then you will be in the same boat. This narrow path gives us all a fighting chance. @Tim_N

Even with all of us working together, the odds of survival is very slim. I don’t think there is any chance we can meet the demand, but if we can manage 2 Information procurements + unorthodox knowledge + a favorable event draw…

Well, I already feel like you’re taking 4 capital from me by saying I should only heal 2 districts and not all 4! 4 capital is all I will make from this move, so no thanks. I’ll give 1-2 capital to whoever throws in a card(s) for the counter-offer, otherwise by all means feel free to support @rho21’s offer or pass.