New Angeles Forum Game: Capital, CAPITAL!

@Lantz: no, I’m the countering player. It’s down to you and Jinteki.

On the plus side, that did mean that my counter was guaranteed not to be countered itself (as might have happened last round). We should be in a better state for future deals.

I will play both my cards for the counter, so @Tim_N I believe we need 1 more card.

@soondifferent I would appreciate if Rachel Beckmann could spare another visit.

Certainly. Please send Rachel to NBN please @Jorn_Weines

Sure, she’s on her way to BULLETIN TONIGHT at NBN!.

So let me know if my understanding of the strategic situation is wrong: we need 1 more card to the counter offer, otherwise @rowe33 can dump his deck into the main offer and we are almost certainly going to lose then and there.

I just met with my board and they made two insightful observations:

• Apparently threatening to end the game is a worthwhile tactic.
  • A lead of 4 capital over @soondifferent is very small, given all of the support he is enjoying from the other corporations and the mass of assets he has.

I will give 1 card to the counter offer only if @soondifferent immediately transfers to me any 2 of the 3 assets: Sunny, Locust, Tanaka.

When that is done and we survive the event I will also promise not to threaten to end the game again if @soondifferent also refrains.

Threatening to end the city only works if you don’t push too far. And I consider this too far. I’ve given 10 cards in the past two turns and overlooked your breach of contract. The two cards I kept I saved as they might keep us in the game. So do what you must, I’ve been prepping my retirement back to Heinlein anyway. @Tim_N

What a shock.

FYI @Lantz, @rho21, @Perky_Goth I am going to pass and put our fate in cylon hands in 24 hours unless you can convince @soondifferent. I’ll even settle for just Tanaka.

I’ll save us all some time now and say that I’ll be making zero concessions in this case. I have little faith as to what destiny has in store for New Angeles, and I can use a man like Tanaka with me on Heinlein. You have not seen the future and are still full of hope. @Tim_N

I believe there might be a misunderstanding here, but I got lost in the math for a bit. The 3 from HRI means 3 from High Resource Investments, as in, it needs to pass. It would be a gamble from @soondifferent and me.
Feel free to bet on a better option to not lose the game, though.

No worries, that was my understanding as well!

Then I’m just getting the numbers or the math wrong. Carry on.

Would a favor make any dent?

I am not particularly flush right now. I am open to options to keep this game going but I am not in a position of strength to try and smooth over this mutual death pact.

I really don’t see how I can convince him short of offering him something to his advantage which is going to affect the balance.

@Perky_Goth would you be willing to pass me Susan instead at the end of the turn? It would keep the game going for the other people here. I have never been visited by Susan either.

I am not trying to act just out of spite here by the way, @soondifferent isn’t dumb and knows this “gap” of 4 capital will be so easily surmountable next turn with all of the susan passing he’s been doing and the menagerie of assets he has at his disposal to control which offers win.

I was going to pass it to rho now, since he’s unlikely to use it and I would hopefully not mess with others people games.
But… I can give it to you for a favor, in the event it’s actually possible anymore.

I’ll lay it out. Here’s my thinking. You have a 4 capital advantage. You have Jackson Howard, from whom you can get 4 more easy (surprised you didn’t play him this turn.)

I’m at -8. I’m going to get +6 from my contracts, otherwise we’re all dead anyway. -2. I’m counting on @Perky_Goth’s Susan to come my way. Dead even.

Next event needs to be human first or illness, or we’re all doomed. If it’s illness you’ll win. If I can nab a capital generating asset, I’ll win. If you can nab it, you’ll win. Or rather, we’ll most likely lose anyway. We need to play 2x information procurement and an extremely lucky Unorthodox Knowledge. So let’s leave our friends alone at the moment and just pass this.

Yeah I was too late, alot happened while I was asleep. I probably should have tried to play it anyway.

What are these contracts? I am also confused about this -8, you are 4 behind. you need 5 to get in front of me? I thought @Perky_Goth was going to send you Susan at the end of this turn as well, but then he said he was planning to send it to @rho21 but also that it might not be possible. It’s all very confusing.

You have alot of assets that will help you control who comes out on top in this final round. If the unlikely happens you’ll just hold us hostage again on the cusp of victory anyway unless the other players help you win. You’ve done it twice now and been rewarded both times.

Where was this attitude the last two times you held the game up with your whining?!

By actually possible do you mean assuming we dont hit 25 threat?

I’ll put a card for the counter offer and owe you a favour in the final round if you send me Susan at the end of this turn, do you agree?

• I am 4 behind. I assume that you’ll be able to get 4 out of Jackson. It’s not hard. So I’m 8 behind.
  • I will get 6 from my Melange contract “do not get more than 1 threat per event” power, or we’ll get too much threat anyway.
  • I’m counting on getting Susan this turn as agreed, Haas does not want to play Kingmaker, but I hope @Perky_Goth sees that it is by sending Susan my way that balance is preserved.

Of which none except for Singh generates income. And our course of action is pretty much set in stone in the next few turns anyway, my assets will be used in the service of the city to keep Weyland in check. Singh is situational and offset by the fact that you can acquire further capital by your contract, I’ve already factored in all the capital I can possibly earn.

As for further threats – I will agree if you will agree, that we do not ask our fellow leaders for anything more, assuming that this turn ends with the results I have detailed above.

Technically it was one long negotiation, prolonged by your attempt at treachery.

There are some timing issued in forum games, my intent was to give @Tim_N a chance to trigger the asset since I called attention to it when the Asset was revealed at the start of this deal. I think it is probably smart to add some more text in the future, for example “Asset X can be triggered at this time, but you can start declaring Offers if you don’t care if it is triggered” or somesuch.