New Blizzard Online Store

Sold! At least I mean I actually own all of those titles so I’m sold on a free no CD solution. Blizzard keeps getting better and better. Who would expect support on 15 year old games?

Very cool, but it would be even better if Diablo 3 showed up on this store…oh I don’t know, a year from now ?

Yes! Now I can buy StarCraft 2 the moment it comes out. Since their downloader uses BitTorrent it probably won’t even be a HL2 release style clusterfuck.

Since I’ve lost my StarCraft key I just bought the StarCraft Anthology again and the delivery was smooth. The registration worked fine for me on Firefox 3b5. I still haven’t received my activation email but that’ll only be necessary if I want to download the game again. They’ll probably get around to it before that.

i got my activation email like, right away. Check your spam folder.

I haven’t gotten the email yet either, and its not in the spam folder :(
EDIT: You have to sign into the store and have it resent if you never got it.

I love them for this. Plus the whole site has a really attractive design.

I’ve registered, now I have to do the police style search of my gaming stuff to find the CD keys.

IE FTW! HA HA!

I got my email pop up in my gmail box five seconds after clicking the link to send the authentication email.

Also, I can’t seem to find a key anywhere on my diablo I box or CD.
Coming to think of it, the thing didn’t come with a key right?
So…there’s no way to add diablo to the store/being offered to d/l diablo huh?

It also recognized my Vanilla Starcraft (v1.0 endless patching FTL) as Starcraft Anthology even though on their catalogue they list the Anthology as a package of Starcraft + Broodwars Expansion.
I doubt I’d be offered to d/l brood, though.

My Diablo II key checked fine, but no d/l available as of yet.

I’m pretty sure you will be offered brood war. Brood war has no key.

Good design and really glad to see them doing this, I anticipate CD death in the near future. However, there are a couple of WTFs!

1. Captcha entry doesn’t work under a browser with over 10% of the market. Eh?

2. Password only takes some symbols, not others. Honestly, I can’t believe there are still password entry boxes this retarded.

3. I hope to christ it doesn’t use the Blizzard downloader, and if it does can they PLEASE have a single downloader which I install and never worry about again? I’m getting tired of having to give firewall approval EVERY SINGLE TIME I want to download something from them.

4. The Postcode field isn’t large enough to enter a UK postcode (some are six characters but others are seven) and so if this is going to be tied to my CC later, EPIC FAIL.

I still can’t get it to send me a verification email, even after asking for one multiple times now. I’ve tried creating a second account in case it’s just the new request link that’s broken, but it’s not looking good there either…

Works fine for me. Got all my games registered on it. Starcraft won’t work without the windowed mod though. The game insists I can’t run it at 256 colors.

So far, I haven’t even gotten the activation mail yet (registered yesterday). Even tried having it resent.

And what’s up with me being unable to find neither of my StarCraft games, just as this opportunity arrives.

Downloaded WC3 and the expansions with no problems. Big plus: codes work for both Mac and Windows versions, so you can install them regardless of what OS you’re using. Minor annoyance: you still have to type in your key(s) during installation.

When I heard that Starcraft was available to run without the CD, I searched around and located my old CD’s to install it on my new MacBook. However, my CD’s were the original ones, so it didn’t have a Mac installer.

As soon as I heard about this, I thought my problem woud be fixed. Yahoo! Now I’m playing a 10 year old game on my MacBook. Who says Macs can’t game?

As for the key entry: yes that was annoying; however, I just copy and pasted the key generated on my Blizzard account page.

My activation email wasn’t sent when I used the links in Internet Explorer or Firefox, but worked like a charm when I used Opera, so give that a try.

I had no issues with Firefox. Guess they’ve been busy fixing all the little problems with it…

It’s a game digital copy, not a “pirate-me-!” rip.
Not including the key would’ve been very dumb of them.

I never noticed the View Game Key link until just now. Problem solved!

He meant they made him enter the number twice, instead of just once.

And come to think of it, that’s more than a minor annoyance, potentially. The whole point of this thing, for me, is that I can finally not worry about where my Lord of Destruction case is. If they make me re-enter the the CD key every time I install it, then I guess I won’t be able to do that after all. This is in contrast to a service like Steam, where once I entered my old Half Life (and expansions) codes, Steam knew that I owned the games, and I never have to worry about keeping track of those stupid CD Keys again. That’s one of the nice parts about digital downloads, besides not having to look for a CD to install from.

EDIT: But I just read Aristophan’s post above, so ignore me.