New Cats

Nice additions to the famiglia, MSUS! They look like troublemakers to me but my money’s on all three of them adjusting and living harmoniously and not burning down your house when you’re not paying attention to them and doting on them.

We’ve got a couple shelter cats too though they are older now (about 12M, and 10dominantF). Cosmo (after Kramer who I named), Gidget (who my wife named, and I disclaim all responsibility for that except I love her just the same (I guess both the cat, and the wife)), respectively.

It’s been nice to see the feline appreciation here (we know our opposites are out there, apparently QT3 is a cool tolerant place where they can keep their feelings dialed down and let us enjoy ourselves).

Tom’s interest made me think about his Shoot Club column (I think it was more than one) when the cat showed up one night and he was discovering some of the mysteries of the species. And made me wonder if the cat stayed and allows Tom to grace his presence!? [They make good company, cats, plus, I suspect Tom does too…]

I’m sure I’ve heard Tom’s cat talking during some of the Qt3 Games podcasts.

Sooo, toxoplasmosis. Sometimes I think about getting a cat or two, but then I worry about mind-controlling parasites. How do QT3’s cat owners cope with their protozoan overlords?

Last night I dreamt about two kitten that thought they were owls. They kept doing that head bob thing and occasionally jumped strait up trying to fly.

Embrace them! It makes you a better soccer player and all the cool motorcycle riders have it.

A few more pictures:

Here’s one with Chloe being sweet.

Daphne LOVES this Tim Bits commercial.

Settling down together for a minute.

This is Sammie. Sorry about the flash. For some reason I didn’t get any good ones when I turned the flash off.

Just a couple more.

Chloe playing on the cat condo while Daphne and Sam look on.

Chloe falling off of the cat condo onto Sam shortly after the previous photo was taken. Sammie was displeased.

I hate to do this, but I have to echo mmalloy’s thoughts.

KITTIES!

Hehehehe.

Beware Demon Cat lurking in the back!

Kitties!

Also,

As soon as I saw this thread, I was expecting someone to be a dickish thread cop. Instead, we got something polite & appropriate. Yay! Cats conquer all. Except for dogs. Which are even better than cats.

It’s impossible to threadcop a thread like this, since any cat deserves its own thread!

Now I want TimBits. And another cat. No. Must stop myself.

For the record:

KITANZ!

That is all.

MSUSteve, what brand of litter do you use? Do yu have a machien, or just boxes you scoop clumps from?

Also yes, kitten food used at a lot of Animal Shelters makes their poop stink way worse than others. For the small amount of poop a kitten produces, it is really potent if they don’t cover it up. Our (much younger) cat Sasha still smells way worse than our original cat. Never figured that one out.

Anyone ever deal with a young kitten with FIP?

Yeah… :-(

Yes, and it sucked. Sometimes all you can do is know you gave them a good home for as long as they had.

You could make fun of people’s poor apostrophe use.

I use Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat clumping litter. I’ve been happy with it in the past. If I clean Sam’s litter box every other day and make sure to top it off with fresh stuff when it gets low, the basement never gets a hint of litter smell. Even with their new Iams food, the kittens are still much stinkier for some reason!

Oh, I should mention this here. Healthy Pet Cracked Pine litter is amazingly good for non-machine use. No dust, keeps the smell down, lasts a long time.

He was pretty aloof and didn’t really care either way.