New Combat Mission demo ready

The demo for Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin is out. Since a lot of people here are into this game, I figured a little heads up was it order.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.htm

Since I had a little something to do with this game, I’d be interested in hearing your comments.

DeanCo–

Dean, you shouldn’t admit you worked for the Third Reich in public; they’re still hunting for war criminals. :(

Yes but…shhh…come closer…

[size=2]deanco is not my real name.[/size]

Hehehehe…Ze Allies haff been outfoxed again! 8)

DeanCo–

I’ll have some after I push this puppy around tonight.

Thanks!

Nick

I’m not inspired by the poorly edited scenario descriptions in the demo, including one reference to the Germans being so outnumbered that there may not be enough survivors to “burry the dead”.

• Dave

Spoken like a true grog, Dave. Not a word about the new commands, the new Quick Battle options, the efforts to spruce up the graphics, the greater complexity… Nope, they misspelled ‘bury’.

Anyone else find something incredibly nitpicky (although yes, I agree, spelling is important) they wanna comment on?

DeanCo–

If someone sent you a resume and said they wanted to “aply” for a job at your company, wouldn’t you throw it away?

That being said, I look forward to Combat Mission 2 nevertheless.

• Dave

Well, you did post this on a forum frequented by
riters… er, writers. :)

As ever,

Loyd Case

I might not go so far as to immediately throw it away. There might be other elements in the resume that would counter the negative impression made by the misspelled word. But point taken.

DeanCo–

And I apologize for hurting your feelings. I didn’t know that someone who worked on the game was involved in this discussion (although now, looking back at the other posts, I see that I should have known). I was just being bitchy. If I were reviewing the game, I wouldn’t be.

• Dave

Nah, you didn’t hurt my feelings. As I said, you have a point, I was just surprised by it, I was expecting a more ‘meaty’ criticism. Anyway, I hang out on the CM boards, those guys make you look like Mr. Mellow Chill Out. :lol:

Not to worry.

DeanCo–

Dean, the thing I’m happiest about so far is that my po’ boy machine - a PIII 700 with an on-board 11mb 3D card - seems to run it just fine.

I only got in a couple turns last night, so I don’t actually have anything substantive to say yet.

Nick