New Digital War Games From Lock and Load Publishing

New war games coming from Lock and Load Publishing.

On March 25 Lock and Load tactical digital with 10 scenarios is being released.

I believe the price will be $4.99. The same day dlcs for the game will be released. Heroes of Nam and Heroes of Normandy. The dlcs will be 9.99 each.

Anyone who liked Heroes of Stalingrad will probably enjoy these games.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=185

On April 14, Victory and Glory: The American Civil War will be released:

I am a playtester on this game and it is shaping up to be a nice Root Beer and Pretzels look at The Late Unpleasantness. A nice riff on the earlier Victory and Glory: Napoleon.

I did enjoy Heroes of Stalingrad. I remember them working on Heroes of Normandy for a long time. Is this the first official release of that or did I miss it? Is it expected to be the same scope as Stalingrad?

I guess I’m trying to parse what this is and whether to be excited. The $10 price confuses me even more.

Yes, it is the first official release. Heroes of Stalingrad was done through Matrix Games. Lock and Load Tactical Digital has been under development for quite some time.

Great news! The old Matrix LockNLoad Stalingrad is good cant wait to play a newer digital version of Heroes of the Nam!

Update: Lock and Load Tactical digital and Heroes of Nam and Heroes of Normandy are now scheduled for April 2.

Victory and Glory: The American Civil War is now coming out on March 30. The release price will be $29.99 with a 20% discount.

Looks like it’s a new engine, probably because Matrix owns the code for the other one or something. It seems okay. The UI is busy but appears to be customizable. I guess I’ll wait for a review just in case.

Steam now has Nations at War Digital listed for April 7:

Victory & Glory Napoleon is one of my favorite games. I had no idea a Civil war version was coming out.

Victory and Glory American Civil War is out at a discounted price of 23.99 until April 7.

I have played every strategic game on the Civil War, both board and strategic, and I am greatly enjoying this game.

Have you played the previous Napoleon game? How does it compare, or is it just a re-skinning?

The mechanics are similar, but I found the feel of the games quite different.

I’m going to RTFM. It looks like there’s more to do in the strategic game than just push stacks around, and I like that.

That aside,the combat system in Napoleon is one of my favorites, and this appears very close, with terrain being more important.

Lock and Lock tactical Digital and Heroes of Nam and Heroes of Normandy are now live on Steam:

Lots of tactical gaming goodness for the discounted price of 14.97 for everything. This will take up a large part of my weekend.

Grabbed this as well. Price is right. Thanks!

Been playing locknload tactical, it is very good. Looking forward to the other modules!

I bought the starter pack and played the first mission…and all of my units got into a melee fight and wiped. I have no idea what I’m doing :D

Can you recommend a YouTube or other representation of the combat? I’m interested in this game, though I’m a sucker for strategic level ACW games, but it looks like it doesn’t model the political influence of the governors or Lincoln or Jefferson? An ACW game at the strategic level that does not model that at all seems odd, but I hear this game does so through the cards.

The impulse to add this to my collection, er, backlog is strong.

This is the only series so far, but you can find lots of stuff on the previous game, V&G:Napoleon. Other than the addition of terrain and corps commanders in the new game, the combat is pretty much identical.

Thanks @Sonoftgb I watched the first video. In his first battle of Savannah his army was destroyed. Armies were rarely destroyed in the ACW though they could be severely mauled. I hope that is not a common battle outcome with this game.

Was it you in the Steam form asking about not being able to see the number next to the unit, which I agree is a problem.

That was me. I’m playing at 1080 on a laptop with a 15" screen. You can examine the stacks individually, but that’s a PITA.