New Dungeons and Dragons movie starring Chris Pine

That’s a lot of Yahtzees!

For when you really have to fail that death save…

Now available for digital video purchase ($25) or premium video rental ($20). Blu-ray and DVD purchase will be at the end of the month.

I took my 13 year old to see this over the weekend.

As we left the theater, she said “Dad, I thought this would just be a stupid movie you made me go to, but it was way better than it had any right to be.” She later said this is a top five movie for her, and may have displaced Princess Bride in her #2 spot.

I also thought it was pretty great, and way, way better than it had any right to be.

This is a day 1 Steelbook DVD buy for me. I absolutely loved this movie.

Whoa, pretty high praise. But now you’ve got me wondering what occupies that coveted top spot.

Crank 2, obviously.

It’s Legally Blonde. I blame my wife for this.

That got an actual LOL out of me, albeit a hushed one because I’m at work.

Yeah, I get that. If my wife is flipping channels and sees Legally Blonde is on (which it invariably is) she’ll stop and watch it.

You mean you credit your wife for that! Legally Blonde is a modern classic. (Though I could live without the bend and snap.)

I do that with Godfather II. Men and women – are we even the same species?

I’ve tried to watch the Godfather a few times and have fallen asleep every single time. No idea why on earth its so celebrated!

My wife and daughters are exactly the same. And they will watch it until the end, every time.

It’s definitely a modern classic – but the best movie ever? Then again, the issue is more likely that my taste is suspect (something that is definitely true!)

C’mon, we all know that the best movie ever is Clue starring Tim Curry.

That’s true, discounting Crank 2 which is in a different tier, the HIGHEST tier of excellence, Clue was good.

Finally just saw this. Pure joy. Loved every moment. The 80s cartoon cameos killed me. Killed.

So I guess we aren’t getting a pudgy dragon spin-off? Which is a shame, because pudgy dragon was the best thing to come out of this silly little movie.

I also enjoyed that first fight where a stuntperson steps in for Michelle Rodriguez to have a barbarian brawl. That was some nice choreography and editing. Not quite as compelling as pudgy dragon, though.

When pudgy dragon started rolling, I lost it. I really felt for Emberchaud. He has a lot of mass to maintain and definitely nowhere near enough to eat in the Underdark. Poor guy.

This movie delivered.

Take my money! I am in.