New Everquest Progression Servers: Party in Neriak like it was 1999 (sort of)

Hmm, maybe I will play a class I never or rarely play. I will have to think about it. I am still working on getting my wife to play, but I believe she will. I have been playing Enchanters with true boxing a cleric at times, but maybe I will switch it up!

Yeah, I have no idea how this rare spawn thing will work, but it will change things up enough along with the free trade, which I have never tried before, to make it worth checking out for me. I have really enjoyed every progression server I have played, despite their flaws and problems.

I haven’t really given it too much thought yet, but I have always been one to pick remote spots and typically more patient than the average person, or the farmers, so this change should really benefit me. Most may go to Sol B or Lower Guk, for example, but more difficult to farm places like Kedge Keep will still give me a chance at loot only found in those other places, perhaps. It will at least help a little on the most camped items in the game, and the random excitement on not knowing what you get will bring back UO memories. I have always enjoyed the surprise with random loot. It will sort of suck when you want that specific item, camp that mob, and never get it. Perhaps they will make the original mob drop its loot table at a higher percentage, like morlac mentioned. Then with Kunark, the hunter/forager rare spawn cycle will be like a pinata of crazy loot! That was always one of my favorite things to do, going back to when Kunark was first released and few people knew about it.

I am definitely interested in grouping up with people I know here. As always, it really depends on if I can keep up, and we can keep levels close, but it sounds fun.