New Everquest Progression Servers: Party in Neriak like it was 1999 (sort of)

People seem to say Monks are pretty good, I believe. Plus, it sounds like there will be race change options on Agnarr so you can switch to Iksar later on when Kunark launches, if you like.

I use the p1999 wiki to do a lot of research, even though some of the rules on the Progression servers are different.

Main page: http://wiki.project1999.com/Main_Page

Monk page: http://wiki.project1999.com/Monk

These are really good for deciding on a race and deity and for finding gear per era.

I just can’t get past paying $15/mo for a game that I REALLY enjoyed…15 years ago!

So tempted to jump back in with a new cleric, I really learned to love playing clerics in EQ. But yeah I’ve been trying to curtail my spending and even cancelled my WoW account, so not keen on starting up a new sub.

yeah, that’s where I am. Every time I log into EQ, the interface hurts my eyes. I might try the new EQ2 Prog server when it launches.

Monks are great, especially where this server is going to lock. They share top DPS with rangers. Great class.

I’m surprised more publishers don’t offer “passes” for multiple titles, even by different companies. It would make subscribing more attractive to me, certainly. I might subscribe if I could play both classic EQ and UO if I wanted. Or is this already a thing and I just didn’t realize it?

Got up to level 13 with my enchanter and cleric. Trying to keep the cleric up until my wife gets home from visiting her mom :). Anyone else playing?

I have a 17 chanter and a 17 shaman, and a fleet of level 2-4s. As usual, having a hard time sticking to one class lol.

I was going to ignore this, but with the rainy day yesterday, I ran a wizard up to 11. Just like old times, for better and for worse - we’ll see how much it holds me over the next few weeks.

Our guild at OTG merged in at launch with a nice group of folks that are mostly together waiting for the new MMO Pantheon including some VIPs. I am enjoying it quite a bit and got my first Stein of Moggok quested on Sunday and made up a few +2 Int and +2 Wis rings.

I got to 16 and started working on defense and melee skills a bit so I could take a hit. I probably should have waited until after the bonus xp was done this weekend, but I didn’t really want to wait any longer. Soon, off to Upper Guk!

They announced a new Progression Server with a new set of rules never seen on a Progression Server, and some never seen on any server, I don’t believe. I plan to jump all in for the summer at least.

The biggest thing will be Random Loot, where named mobs of similar levels will share loot tables from other mobs from the same expansion. It will also be the first Free Trade Progression Server, which is something many have been asking for since the beginning.

Hail, Norrathians! Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane has gotten all tangled up in our servers and after all the time it took to get him out he left a gift for everyone. Mischief is our new Time-Locked Progression server and we’re launching on May 26 ! So sharpen your blades and prepare your minds, it’s time to enter Norrath anew!

Mischief will be a new way to experience EverQuest as it grew over time, starting during the earlier eras of the game and adding our own twist (inspired by that deviously, fun-loving God of Tricks). The Mischief Random Loot Progression Server will begin with access to the original zones that were available at launch and will gradually add expansions first Classic will run a month, and then subsequent expansions will be opened in a specified cadence later (check out more info on the cadence below!)

Need to know what to expect on Mischief?

Mischief Ruleset -

Mangler XP Progression

Agents of Change Enabled

Pick Zones Enabled

Truebox Enabled

Free Trade Enabled

Random Loot Enabled

• The Mischief server is a new experimental server that randomizes loot.
  • Rare NPCs will drop loot from other NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion.
  • Raids will drop loot from other raid NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion.
  • We may add other special case randomization.
  • Rare NPCs have a greater chance of spawning

Unlock Cadence:

• Expansions:

• 1 month Classic
    • 2 month Kunark
  • 2/3 month regular release cadence

• 2 months for no level increase
    • 3 months for level increase
  • Exception: LDoN will only be one month

Just wanted to post this for the few of us that sometimes still have an interest!

Interesting. As written and without tweaks it will make previously crowded spots ghost towns and vise versa. Would like to see the normal loot tables for said mob maybe have a higher chance of dropping than the random stuff. Otherwise every pain in the ass zone will be ignored.

Do people still camp items in EQ? If so, and some items are still dramatically more powerful than others, I would expect people to camp every level 43 rare spawn rather than just the frenzied ghoul.

My understanding is that some people on the TLP servers camp the desirable loot full-time and sell it for kronos, which is a currency purchased with real cash that can be traded in-game (kinda like EVE Online’s plex). Maybe the random loot is an effort to combat that practice.

I’m in for this, already re-subbed. Camp spots are a huge bottleneck in EQ, and the main source of contention between players. With /pick AND random drops, this is going to be really fun. Now I just have to figure out what class I’m going to be…

If anyone is interested in getting a group going, let me know! It would be fun to hit this server with a premade group, that only plays those characters when everyone is on. I’m happy to dedicate one class to a consistent group, would be really fun. It would also be awesome to go into EQ with a great group makeup ahead of time, nothing better than a great group in EQ.

A good group operating at peak efficiency until they get bored enough to just push that edge a bit is a feeling I miss in gaming. “What if we pulled both camps?”

Everquest is so that game lol. The thing I have always loved about EQ, is that it really did take everyone firing on all cylinders, just to not wipe. The game is easier now of course, but it still has a lot of teeth to it. It’s such a big difference from say WoW, where that kind of challenge only happens really at end game. Every pull in a place like Seb can be your last lol.

So true. Hell, dodging sand giants while leveling on crocs in South Ro is like a newbie right of passage.
Sometimes finding a safe spot to break and pee was better than any loot drop :)

The other game that was great for this was Asherons Call, because you were always fighting multiple mobs. It was always of question of ‘just one more…’ until you went too far.

Oh yeah, AC. My first MMO. On AOL dial up. Heavy nostalgia.