New Everquest Progression Servers: Party in Neriak like it was 1999 (sort of)

Hey there! Sorry I didn’t get back to ya earlier. If you have any specific questions, I can try to answer them. The main forums are decent, but reddit probably has more activity.

The last time my wife and I played on live, we did indeed start at Crescent Reach and go through that progression/quests. There are tiers of armor quests and the random Defiant gear that drops way out classes any old equipment. We still went back to old zones at times for fun and I believe Defiant gear can drop on any level appropriate mobs.

Also, when you are eligible for the Hot Zones, those offer bonus experience and in PoK there is a guy you can do daily quests for nice gear, or at least they did the last time we played on live. That has been quite a few years now, though. We are having a lot of fun with TLPs and on Thornblade, Kunark just dropped last week and we are like level 42 on our mains and have some alts that are 1-10.

I am afraid I don’t know how guilds work right now. Anyway, we are heading in to play. I am Kelan on Thornblade if you ever decide to roll one up there. Take care and let me know if you have any questions.

From ZAM here is an example of the random dropped Defiant BP for level 5-20. It shows it does indeed drop off any level appropriate mob it seems. Crazy stats for such a low level!

I got back into EQ for a little while a couple of years ago, and pretty much fed all my questions into Google.

Alla is still a good source of info. So is EQ Resource, but it mostly covers the newer content. Raidloot has a nice searchable item database. Magelo is a good way to find mob locations and drops, but it may not be 100% accurate. The official forums and Reddit have some activity. There are some sites around that probably aren’t getting updated anymore, but still have useful guides for older content.

My tip for playing on the live servers is to use mercenaries. Especially at low levels, a journeyman-tier tank merc is a juggernaut. At higher levels they’re not as good as actual players, but still useful.

Yeah, when I started playing again my lvl 65 beastlord was running around doing low-level quests and getting substantial armor and jewelry upgrades. At least my old weapons were still decent for their level.