New Master of Magic Trademark Filed (2019)

Atari Interactive recently (4/23/2019) filed for a Master of Magic trademark. Could be nothing, probably not worth a thread but I don’t see we have a dedicated Master of Magic thread (that I could find).

According to the news post I found this on (Facebook), the Atari Interactive boss is the former Microprose boss? Could be meaningful?

If they want to make a new Master of Magic, I’m all freaking for it!

Master of Magic: Phone Royale Free

That hurt me in my shorts.

Oh man, another chance for hope to rise for a worthy successor. And be inevitably dashed to pieces on the harsh rocks of reality.

It’ll have to be better than the recent Master of Orion reboot? Right? RIGHT?!

I wonder if they ever plan to follow that up. It was a functional, but very simple game.

I believe it was a flop, so it’s unlikely. Kinda thankfully.

While not a MoM remake, once Deity Empires adds heroes to the game it will come mighty close, for me at any rate.

A true MoM remake could be sweet.

And also, why won’t someone do a fucking Cavewars reboot already? THAT game was the shit.

I’m horrible, but I want someone to take Emrich’s original design for moo3 and complete it. I just want to see what it would have been.

Maybe someone can give Barcia a ton money to revive simtex and finally make sequels worthy of the franchises.

Amen to that.

Sadly I think Steve is quite happy at EA Canada, or at least he was years ago. Not sure what he is doing nowadays I assume still there?

I mean, if recent-ish history has taught us anything about trademarks to classic series being revived with no connection to their original designers…

It’s that it always ends well and with everyone happy?

Wait, no, no. . . somehow that doesn’t feel right.

Was that a sequel to this?

I do not even recognize that. Wow.

I agree Deity Empires is basically MOM with more of everything.

A MOM remake with Atari involved is almost guaranteed to be a disaster.

This might be interesting. In the mean time, I think I will pick up Deity Empires on the next sale. I have been holding off because of life, so far.