New mattress suggestions?

The smell was gone in, oh, about 8 days. Just missed it, Tim. :)

Yeah, I was a bit concerned the first couple of nights that we’d made a mistake. The mattress was hard, and had a chemical stank.

But by the end of the second week, I was hooked. I have a heck of a time sleeping on a spring bed now.

Dang, it was a comfy matress. :(

We went with a pillow-top last year, not the Serta, because we found a brand right beside it in the store that felt much more comfortable. Can’t remember the brand name, though. One warning – it is still a major bitch to find sheets to fit thick pillow-top mattresses. Ours is about 17 inches thick and it seems like a lot of the fitted sheets top out at 15-16. Be careful when buying sheets. We bought a great 500-count set with comforter, etc. a long way from home on a whim, after the salesperson guaranteed that they would fit our mattress, only to get home and discover that the fitted sheet wasn’t even close.

I had the opposite finding — the foam was very easy on my knees.

I had the opposite finding — the foam was very easy on my knees.[/quote]

Well mine hurt like hell JMJ - but I didn’t want to hurt your feelings.

I had the opposite finding — the foam was very easy on my knees.[/quote]

Well mine hurt like hell JMJ - but I didn’t want to hurt your feelings.[/quote]

Aww, poor puddin’! Next time just look over your shoulder and ask me to switch to the “Brazilian Fork.”

That’s it. Both of you are getting coal for Christmas!

Oh swell, after I just scrounged my own from that other thread. Thanks, 'Haji.

We have had a high end Serta for about 8 years, and while it is conmfortable, it developed body impressions/sags pretty quickly. We end up flipping/rotating the mattress every two - four weeks and we still end up with sore backs.

After spending about $1300 on this mattress (and it felt great in the showroom and for the 30 day trial period) we’re really shy of spending a lot on a new mattress - but we need to. And we’d gladly spend a good chunk of money on a mattress that was firm but comfortable, and supported our backs well enough we didn’t wake up with sore backs.

Is the Tempurpedic really the holy grail?

(And why do mattresses in nice hotels never have body impressions/sags???)

Arise thread!

I see Costco has a King Casper mattress for 800 bucks, we are moving soon and I’m starting to think it might not be worth moving the old mattress with us since it’s getting long in the tooth already. I hear good things about Casper and 800 for a king seems like a steal. Any impressions? Anyone return theirs? What was that process like? I hate the idea of buying a mattress without giving it the lie down test.

I have not purchased a mattress from Costco, but I know they will have no issues returning these things. I’ve seen other people return huge items, and they don’t have issues with that. That’s the big plus for using Costco.