New members, meet new friends. Welcome!

I’m Kelly. I’m 50 and have a long dating history that thankfully landed with my current fiance. I’m a lead IT Network engineer for a large manufacturing company, having worked in IT in one form or another since roughly 1992. During part of that, I enjoyed seeing a large part of the world in the U.S. Navy. I eventually landed in Charlotte, NC.

I found QT3 around 2006, though truly I read posts from some of the long time people here as far back as the early 90s and 00s on Usenet newsgroups. I certainly also read Tom Chick in various articles, my favorite being the escapades of Tom vs Bruce, which truly is what let me to the forum. Thankfully Tom approved me. As time has gone by my interests have changed and certainly also the subforums here I post on. That’s part of the awesomeness that QT3 represents, a sounding board for any number of subjects, or a shoulder to lean on to spill your thoughts.

My love for all things gaming was driven by my early love of computers that drove my work interests as well. From programming in games on a TRS-80 and saving them on a cassette tape, to (mostly) PC gaming today. I play a little of everything, but I haven’t been a twitch style gamer for quite a while now, so I’m happy for things with a little bit of a slower pace. I love RPGs, survival games, sims, strategy, and occasionally wargames.

Besides gaming I’m an avid boater, I like to cook, I like to make beer (but haven’t in a while,) and I like to enjoy a good beer and the fun of being a bar local in a place where too many unfortunately know my name.