New members, meet new friends. Welcome!

The new guy felt the need to clarify that he was male. So maybe you have a point. It looked incredibly heterosexual to him and he just wanted to make sure Brian knew where he was coming from.

Too late, you already caught teh gayz!

Can you wipe it off? My wife is expecting me. Oh, no! I mean my wife is expecting. We’re with child and this will kill her.

I am so confused right now. Next time I’ll use this GIF.

To avoid any potential SUPER GHEY overtones or whatever.

What game is that?

It’s from the movie How to Train Your Dragon, silly.

Oh, no wonder I haven’t seen it.

At the risk of being flamed, I think I see what Tim is saying. We joke here all the time. You go girl is an in joke. But hear me out.

If we are trying to welcome a new member, maybe we can keep in jokes to a minimum. Especially if the member might be from another country and has English as a second language. In no way shape or form did Brian do anything wrong. His post was indeed a positive one. And a welcoming one. In general.

But maybe not to a stranger who does not know our ways. Just saying. Not attacking anyone here.

Ahem, channeling my inner Brian

‘YOU GO FIX THAT RIGHT NOW’

Also, I agree, it’s a good movie.

IMO, that post was sketchy. I wouldn’t want to be welcomed like that. What kind of response did it elicit? He felt the need to clarify to you that he was a male. Hello? I mean it’s fine, because it’s already done and in the past, but for the future you really need to know that shit was sketch. Maybe get to know a new person before you hit them with your fav Star Trek gifs with the silly text.

Also, you are trying to imply something about me being fucked up about gay people, but that’s not even true.

Now it’s time for me to

You need to fix this shit.

I’m not sure whether to be insulted or not. Truthfully. I’ve been around here a long time, and I would hope, after over a decade being here, I’d not be known as a guy to try to offend anyone.

But hey, you make all the assumptions you want. I’m noping out. I don’t like feeling angry, and it’s irrational to feel as such after a forum conversation.

Some folks might not find in-jokes so welcoming. And if you don’t even bother to explain it in the welcome message, it’s not really going to work as a joke for a first time member, is it? The only people that will get the joke are the people who are already members. It’s just a poor strategy for a greeting in a welcome thread.

Also, I don’t think super gay is negative myself, but it doesn’t seem like a good way to welcome people for this site (as super gay as qt3 is).

I’m not saying anything about your history, personality, etc. I’m just saying that welcome post was sketchy and shouldn’t be repeated.

Are there any lessons that Scrubs cant teach us?

Also, now I have the stupid jingle stuck in my mind!

…With images of animal flirtation?!? Slippery slope!

Wait, where’s the other hand? That’s one hell of a welcome.

I usually welcome people to the Grognard thread with this orientation video: