New members, meet new friends. Welcome!

32/M/Wi

Joined back in 2007, as I was banned from NeoGAF for being a 22 year old brat arguing about some stupid stuff.

So I came here!

Studied Biology in school, worked in IT in college, and worked in software a bit after college, but realized I couldn’t do QA, and got a job working an the pharmaceutical industry as a scientist. More recently I began working as a Quality and Food Safety Coordinator at a food ingredients manufacturer. No longer a lab rat, I now wrangle production problems.

RPGs have always been my gaming genre of choice. Played many JRPGs on consoles, and got straight up addicted to WoW in 2004-2005. Did a lot of high level raiding that affected my school work, made a lot of friends, and more recently I joined the QT3 adjacent guild and did raiding in Mists of Pandaria. I love anything Sci-Fi, (I even took an honors course in Sci-Fi lit in college)

Of course I was on a couple episodes of the QT3 podcast chatting about
Dwarf Fortress and Day Z

Speaking of podcasts…
I do a weekly podcast, Born in the Eighties, as described by former forum members as

Anyway we had our 300th episode earlier this year. It is me and my friends generally free-associating about game news, movie news, tech news, and now mostly deep diving into what I call “the bowels of reddit” discovering some real bad communities. We have a nice little following, who think we are fun.

I also used to do improv in town, and our group was pretty well regarded doing bi-monthly shows with a nice following, but as these groups go, people moved etc…

I currently GM a game of “Starfinder” for a local group, and have GM’d Pathfinder games before, I have a local weekly group that plays pathfinder modules (and the Starfinder game I GM)

Other than that, I am an owner of 2 beautiful cats, I am getting Married in 3 weeks, and I now own a house. I did all of the adult things in the same 3 months. Also, I am a CPAP’er.

I love this community, because it generally feels civil here. (generally) we have good conversations, sometimes arguments, but in the end things never get nasty. There are no 'dunkings or 'pile-ons.

Which I think seriously is aided by adding “likes” to posts, which keeps me staunchly in the “no-likes” brigade here. I wrongly argued that the switch to discourse would be bad. I like the non-V-bulletin forums software. There are hiccups, but generally it works really good. As long as likes stay gone, we are good. :)