New members, meet new friends. Welcome!

I remember playing those games to death. The cows in pastures image just sticks to my mind like glue. it was great fun.

Remember when manuals included a blank “notes” section? Did any of you ever actually write anything in them? I’m pretty sure I didn’t.

I sure do remember the cows. I think my richest and best counties usually ended up with a 100 % dairy diet. Those poor peasants…

I remember blank pages, and even used one or two. But I quickly learned that if the game actually needed notes, I was best off with a notebook of my own. I had several for Darklands!

Yeah, it always ended up being either a total waste of paper or a token amount of pages that would be far from enough.

Hi all! I am a long time lurker at QT3 and have decided to lurk no more.

I live in Indiana and am a mid-level manager in the automotive sector. My schooling was in electrical engineering. I’ve spent most of my career as an engineer before moving into engineering management about 4 years ago.

My main interests are PC gaming, reading sci-fi and fantasy novels, prog rock and alternative music, and finding/watching good scripted series on Netflix/Hulu. I hope to join in some good discussions.

At present, I am attempting to navigate Football Manager 2018 on the PC, reading “The Dagger and The Coin” series, listening to The Pineapple Thief, and watching both Goliath and Condor.

Welcome, man. Jump in to the conversations when you feel ready.

Yay new people welcome!

Welcome!

Never heard of it – how is it?

I just started Shetland on Netflix. Looks promising.

Welcome @El_Conquistador good to have you aboard the good ship QT3.

I think you’re supposed to say “I claim this forum in the name… of SPAIN!” :D

Welcome!

@tylertoo

It is a 5 book series by Daniel Abraham of “The Expanse” fame. The series features good characterization with each chapter devoted to one character’s perspective, but not a lot of detailed combat if that is a must for your fantasy reading. I’ll give it 4 out of 5 stars (I’m on Book 4).

Let me know if Shetland is a good watch.

Welcome @El_Conquistador!

Being an automotive middle manager, what do you think of all these production line management sims inspired by the automotive industry?

Great to have you join us! Please don’t burn our city and steal all our gold!

I think he will bring a civilizing presence and the Word of the Lord.

Welcome!

Glad to have you.

And in return, we will give him our syphilis. :D Welcome El!

@El_Conquistador, I’m also trying to play FM18. The last version I played was 2014, so it’s been a bit of a struggle to figure things out.

Greetings El_Conquistador!