New mobo/CPU... do I need a fresh OS too?

So I just upgraded my 4th-gen Core i5 system to a Ryzen 7. Swapped out the motherboard, CPU and RAM, but kept R470 videocard, SSD and HDD. Miraculously, damn thing POSTed on the first try, too! Huzzah!

I’ve installed all the chipset drivers and updated the BIOS. Everything is running smoothly, except for those niggling folders and apps that just won’t uninstall. I think I did a fresh OS install when I upgraded to Windows 10, but that was back in, what, July 2015? Are there enough performance gains to be had from a clean OS install to warrant to PITA and the full afternoon that it will ultimately take?

I’m pretty sure that every major windows 10 update now is installed via a mechanism which is essentially the same thing as a clean OS install followed by a driver reinstall and copying the config data for your programs and whatnot. So I don’t think Windows 10 is going to need semi-regular reinstalls like windows versions of old.

Yes, that’s right. You can download the latest win10 installer and install over itself, being careful to select “keep all my apps and data”, and it will do the same thing.