New Pirates trailer

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/piratesofthecaribbeanatworldsend.html

Yes, the last one was mindless action fun. I liked it. This looks to be more of the same, which means I’ll like it too.

See, I loved the first one, but the second flick left me… I dunno… worn out. It was TOO much action… so much that I was starting to get bored near the end, having already thought it would end (or hoped, maybe) a few times. I’ll wait for reviews of this one.

Well, I think the second one was too much “stupid” action. Lots of nonsensical/slapstick stuff that was there for no real good apparent reason, except to appeal to children and special adults.

The whole escaping from the cannibals segment
The whole dress being mistaken for a ghost bit
The extended island sequence of finding/loosing/finding/loosing the chest

I kept wishing the movie would end, but it just kept going and going, including more and more people from the first film.

The trailers for the 3rd one looks decent though. Real action, not extreme slapstick, and Chow Yun Fat as the Pirate King of the Orient? Sold!

I thought the casting of Arnold Schwarzenegger as Prince Hapi would make the Coogan-Chan version of ‘Around the World in 80 Days’ an instant classic. BUT LOOK WHAT HAPPENED!