New PSP Firmware supports larger res video

okay, other question. how does the new directory structure work?

I have vids in my psp\video folder and it’s not seeing them.

is there stupid ass naming convention still needed? like the MV0000.mp4? or whatever

according to the update, no.

edit: figured it out, it has to be in the root.

Now what i need to do is figure out how to either get dvdfab to NOT split the fucking vobs, or find a way to combine them.

What a pain in the ass.

editedit: Okay, xvid4psp seems to be doing the trick. assuming it plays once it’s done converting, then maybe I’ve finally found a solution!

Yeah it doesn’t seem to mind that they are split. If I choose the first VOB it automatically brings all the other VOB’s along for the ride.

Okay so, xvid4psp works awesome. But it takes forever. Anyone know good settings that will speed up encoding without killing the quality completely?

dual core helps. my x2 4200 does a 2hour dvd movie to psp using dvdfab platinum in 45min.

Perhaps DVDFab platinum does a better job than XVid4PSP. I have a core 2 duo 6400 and a two pass ultra takes a two hour dvd well over three hours to finish.

Does DVDFab Platinum support the new psp resolutions? If so maybe I’ll just buy it.

I dunno. I just set it up to run overnight. I have an XP3200 and I think it takes maybe 7-8 hours for a 2 hour DVD. But I’m also using the Temporal Limited preset which adds a lot of postprocessing or something.

up to you if it’s worth $50us.

why not try the platinum trial? it’s full-featured for 30 days.

For anyone who was waiting, the new custom 3.30 firmware has just been released, available in the usual places.

Official firmware 3.40 was released earlier this week on South Korea. Custom firmware out today :]

The Custom Firmware versions are freaking awesome.