New QT3 Front Page

Looks good! I do assume the front page comments will remain independent of the forum threads?

I like it too. Pretty clean design, looks less 2006.

The 2006 was kind of endearing though. It said, “We’re old gamers and we want the world to stay as we remember it.”

Looks excellent, I love the new design - good job :)

Looks great! I won’t have to excuse the Geocities-vintage design when I recommend the site to people now.

I don’t want the world to stay the same, and I’m an old gamer.

Just so you know, the redesigned front page seems to be a bit broken on my iPod Touch 5G using Safari. The icon at the top that I assume is a menu button doesn’t do anything. Presumably as a result, there’s no way to navigate to the forum.

I don’t like it, I don’t like change.

Honestly it looks alright, I really couldn’t care less. It works and I will continue reading the front page when something interests me.

Great job, love the changes! Was starting to get antsy about the missing podcast links…I especially like the new sidebar.

Ok. I’m just glad it doesn’t want to try to look like Windows 8 (which seems to be in ‘style’ vogue currently with the 30-somethings design types).

I was all ready to shake my fist and tell you kids to get off my lawn, but the new design looks great.

The little hamburger button works fine on chrome for android, and the dropdown expansion (Forum to Forum and Register, for example) all work, but tapping on “Forum” doesn’t take me to the forums. Same deal with Games and Movies.

On iOS, the hamburger button works, but dropdown expansion doesn’t. I tap on the big “Forum” icon and it highlights but nothing happens.

Firefox for android performs the same as iOS, non-functional.

Seems like a problem with the mobile version.

On iOS, the hamburger button works, but dropdown expansion doesn’t. I tap on the big “Forum” icon and it highlights but nothing happens

What device/OS version are you on? Like I say, the button is totally non-responsive on my iOS device (haven’t tried iPad yet). On Android (native HTC browser) I get the same as you do - everything works except clicking on the final “Forum” icon.

An iphone5 with ios 6.1.

Overall I like the design (although it’s not very “2013” in style).

My one gripe, I would really love to see the Forum button at the end linked directly to the forum, but apparently clicking is supposed to open the menu and keep it open. I’m not sure a separate Register link in the dropdown is necessary, so you could just get rid of the dropdown panel and have it go straight in.

Also, the link on the forum button is this:

<a href="#" class="dropdown-toggle navItem" data-toggle="dropdown" 1="data-target="#"">

Which isn’t valid (the last attribute is messed up) and might be causing some of the problems mentioned here.

WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?!?!?!?!

It looks awesome. Seriously, I love the article scroller at the top and the drop down icon menus. So easy to navigate now! The little comment tabs are slick, and I like that the sections are broken down along the right side so people who want to catch up on the latest Tom Chick movie/game reviews and/or game diaries can jump right to them instead of scrolling down through all the other content. The color scheme is also very soothing, and fits perfectly with the “Quarter To Three At Night!” forum style.

My only real gripe, and it’s a tiny one, is a holdover from the previous design. When you click through to the comments on any article, the font for the comments is gray on a dark blue background, which is very difficult to read. It would look much nicer of the comment font color was either simple white, or perhaps the electric blue of the names and menus in the QT3 At Night style. Either would show nicely on the dark background and make it so that I no longer have to highlight comments to read them.

Nice work QT3 Admins!

Oh my god make it stop it’s horrid. I really liked the old layout which was much easier on the eyes.

Looks like I am in the minority though.

Disqus frontpage comments are white on very dark navy blue for me, which fits in with the new theme perfectly. Maybe empty your cache?

New layout makes it harder to find the forum, IMO, but maybe that’s just inexperience talking…

Overall a (big) visual improvement. Maybe the logo feels upcasled = blurry. Somebody has to retrace it, re-render at highe res. Banners break the design somewhat. Since are part of the website, a bit more designer love is needed to make them fit better.

I like that the new design looks more fun, and continue and make more apparent a special unique QT3 style.