New QT3 Front Page

What Seppey said, using Firefox.

Wow. I understand the old one was outdated, but my reaction to the new one so far is “not good.”

Headers / graphics seem massive, the sidebar is too large and space wasting. Ads probably aren’t bigger but feel it relative to the rest.

In general it feels like content has been demoted and framed with more “stuff”. Personally I’d rather have way more content and a smallish mostly text sidebar with the necessary links.

Just my 2 cents of course…

Diego

I agree with Diego.

One functional issue I’m having is when my window is in the half-widescreen monitor mode I often like to browse in, it is impossible to click the forum button. The navigational images stack up on each other and the forum link is supposed to drop down, but it is obscured by the scrolling image bar.

If on purchase you beat the average price, but it subsequently goes higher, do you still get the bonus content?

Yay, pinch zooming now works on my iPad! Thanks guys.

I sent a link to a friend today and he complained that the very bright white text on the very dark background hurt his eyes and made hims see things floating in front when he looked away. It isn’t as bad for me, but it’s definitely pretty high eye strain to read.

New new front page! I love the wider area for text, and the top looks a lot cleaner now too. Props to whoever worked on it!

I wondered how long it would take people to notice! It’s similar to the old page, but much cleaner.

It is 100% the creation of the awesome @Synth. He single-handedly whipped what had been a bit of a mess into something clean, ad-free, and elegant. Between our Discourse upgrade and Synth’s fantastic work tidying up the front page, I honestly couldn’t be happier with the site right now.

-Tom

Qt3 front page has been down for a while. I don’t like coming to the forum directly. Any word on when it will be back up?

EDIT: It’s back!

Working for me.

Yep, problem is now resolved.

It was literally a matter of me not turning the site back on after triggering some maintenance! Imagine someone who changes a light bulb, but doesn’t know how to flip the switch to turn the lights on. That’s my level of tech saavy.

-Tom