New Rush Tour Announced

They’re going to play Moving Pictures. The whole damn thing.

(Toronto – Thursday, April 8th 2010) - Rush – Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, and Neil Peart – is without question one of the most inventive and compelling groups in rock history, equally famed for both its virtuoso musicianship and provocative songwriting.

Announced today, The Time Machine Tour is an evening with Rush, where they will perform their classics, give a taste of the future – and for the first time ever – feature the Moving Pictures album live in its entirety.

Fuck yes, they are coming to summerfest on this tour.

Wooo. West Palm Beach. I’m there!

Wow, nothing in the Carolinas? Damn you, Geddy!

You can’t blame Rush for that. That was the case long before they even formed.

…no san diego?

I’m fairly certain the tours are designed for Neil to be able to bike between shows. They often end in FL and he takes off from there.

I’m hoping to catch all three Texas dates. They’ve been known to change out a few songs between shows.

I totally would have done this as recently as 15 years ago. Now? Not so much.

Too old to rock n roll, to young to die.

I’ve been going to Rush shows since my teen years. They sound better today than they did back then.

Quoted for X-Treme truthiness.

I’m so there!

Makes me nervous that their set list will be predominantly old stuff. That’s what old farts on the verge of retirement do.

Please, guys - write and record a new album, but make it suck less than Snakes and Arrows.

I’m revoking your permission to attend their concert.

No Canadian dates? Fuck.

What? I see four in July. Granted, nothing in Manitoba, but still.

I love their song about the land of the ice and snow!

I can say things like that because I love.

So just for kicks, how much would tickets for something like this cost for either the St. Louis or Chicago show? I haven’t been to a major concert since the early 90’s but I’d love to see Rush.