New Taliban video of captured soldier

Not included is the direct response to this sort of harrumphing:

“To release this video on Christmas Day is an affront to the deeply concerned family and friends of Bowe Bergdahl.”

I like it when spokespersons go for a variety of fallacies at once.

Unless I missed something, it’s still unclear how Bergdahl was captured or whether there is any current evidence that he remains alive (although it would seem unlikely that they’d get rid of him at this point).

“You are fighting an organised guerrilla army that has perfected guerrilla warfare better than any country has ever perfected it in history.”

Taliban PR team could use some work, looks like. Good to see he’s probably still alive, at least.

Compared to your average translated portent of doom, I’d say that’s pretty good. I’ll probably never find out what frame of reference makes North Korean “diplomatic language” sound dignified or sane.

Another capture situation, this one with a dead sailor and a live one that apparently got lost when they went off base. Why were they doing it? No one says, yet. But the Taliban are probably scrambling to figure out how to cash this one in.

Unless those guys were SEALs (who would know better), I’m still trying to figure out what the hell Navy dudes were doing driving around landlocked Afghanistan in a civilian vehicle. Were they going sightseeing?

Of course.

Obviously you’ve never seen The Hurt Locker.

Maybe they were looking for a White Castle.

I think that the spokespeople are reluctant to start casting blame before the situation is clarified. I don’t know what possible rationale there could be unless they were operating in a low security area, which that clearly wasn’t. I wouldn’t be shocked if there as some really strange story behind this, like that guy that tried to defect/desert a while back.

No prison time for Bowe Bergdahl. Just a dishonorable discharge.