New TMNT brawler coming from Dotemu and Tribute Games

Cowabunga, dudes! The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are back in Shredder’s Revenge, a new co-op brawler that transports fans to the franchise’s golden era in video games. Developed by in partnership by two Turtles-loving studios, Dotemu (Streets of Rage 4, Windjammers 2) and Tribute Games (Panzer Paladin, Mercenary Kings), Shredder’s Revenge is an original adventure where up to four players defend the sewers and streets in a brawler inspired by TMNT’s arcade heyday, namely Turtles in Time.

A new TMNT game, from the publisher of SoR4? Yes please.

Most of the trailer is a remade intro, but there’s some gameplay in there at the end.

Looks promising but I did not like Mercenary Kings and that looked good in video too.

Although I personally never liked this genre, even back in the 80s, it’s always kind of thrilling to see an old school genre that disappeared making a comeback.

Wonder Boy: Dragon’s Trap is a pretty amazing refurbishing on an ancient Sega game, and Streets of Rage 4 just about perfectly captures the feel of 80s side scrolling beat em ups.

I remember playing TMNT in arcades; like most kids this was probably in 10 minute chunks where you never got past the first couple levels.

I wish they’d get Windjammers 2 out there, but I realize this is probably just a “What’s next after that” kind of announcement.

I really liked those kinds of games until I realized that they were designed to separate me from my quarters. Then, even worse, I realized that most or all of the arcade games I liked were like that.

I liked the genre but either my tastes have changed, or indie developers miss some of the magic of old beat 'em ups, or maybe it’s impossible to capture the feeling of being a kid in an arcade hearing a digitized “Cowabunga!”

It’s kind of like how my favorite game is Doom but I have zero interest in the throwbacks. Except in that case, I still play Doom. I don’t play old beat 'em ups. So it’s probably a personal taste issue.

Apparently Mike Patton singing the theme song in the trailer.

Again, not my genre, but I really enjoyed the new trailer with April O’Neil kicking ass. Some great animations.

That looks great. The mic drop at 0:21 was a nice touch. ;)

Splinter announced as playable and demo’d in that video for anyone skimming the thread and not stopping to watch. I really hope this plays as good as it looks.

Release date, price, and a seventh character—Casey Jones—announced this week at whatever that Summer Games thing is.

June 16
$24.99
Also launching on Game Pass!

I’m glad, it’s seemed close enough to finished that we should’ve had a release date already, so it’s a pleasant surprise that we don’t have long to wait!

Who was Casey Jones in the 1990 movie? I don’t remember that name. But it’s been a long freaking time since I saw that excellent film.

Oh cool:

Elias Koteas, which I knew off the top of my head because he’s also the Greek’s right hand man on The Wire.

—edit wait, he wasn’t in The Wire, maybe I’m remembering his name because I’ve made that exact mistake in the past!

I know his name from Star Trek and Babylon 5.

This is Eurogamer right now.

I normally hate ads like this, but this one is really pretty. Looks nice!

What, not The Prophecy, circa 1995??

“I love you more than Jesus does!”