New ultrabook time

Welcome to 21 hours ago.

Dave discovering this really was an alignment of the stars.

He just made a rant video about a week ago complaining about Apple; just after that he had a rant about XPS laptops thermal throttling.

Sorry about that. Some of conversation we were having seemed to revolve around items already discussed in the video.

Did any mention that the quiet keyboard was a way of advertising that Apple fixed the keyboard issue, without admitting that there was an issue with the Apple keyboard to begin with.

You should probably actually read or listen to some Apple stuff if your going to make comments about it. No point with arguing with irrational people though, so I won’t bother.

How about ifixit?

Does that work?

Why do you care? You’re never going to buy one. You can hate them all you want and other people still will buy them. Just know you’re better then them, just be happy with your tech stuff.

The Apple world is already going nuts on all these little details, we know Legowarrior, we know.

Same reason I don’t like seeing people join any other cults. Human empathy.

Also, I have been fucked by Crapple, so it’s personal. So, it’s a twofer. Petty grievances and high minded care for my follow man/woman.

They have a repair program for the keyboard issue. How is that not admitting there is a problem?

Sure you have Legowarrior. Just in the way you talk about them, its quite clear you have never used one of their products for more than 5 minutes of you life.

What, cause people can’t have shitty apple experiences, so they must not have happened? Shit son, you really are drinking the koolaid.

As some pundits are pointing out, Apple isn’t likely to admit that it’s fixed the MacBook Pro’s keyboard, because that would be admitting that the MacBook Pro had a problem to begin with – which isn’t Apple’s style, and might be particularly dangerous when the company’s facing down lawsuits

Yep, sure you have buddy.

You’re darn right I have, Chum. It was dark days back then. The land was noticable colder back then, and it was a sad time. Windows 7 came out though, so that was good.

I knew you were irrational, but Windows 7 was your savior? Jesus, I really can’t argue with you…

Whatever. Having a program to fix an issue out of warranty sounds like an admission to me. It’s a technicality, which is important for lawsuits and no other purpose. The point being, they have, at least to that extent, acknowledged it is an issue and are doing something to make it right. Feel free to argue it took to long or that they aren’t doing enough, I’d probably agree on both counts. But at least it is something.

Well, I was also using Vista on my main machine, so it was nice change if pace. Vista started out awful, and even towards the end of it’s service, it was acceptable, it wasn’t as good as 7. It was no windows XP.

But the Mac, well, it was underpowered, and I was pissed at how I was treated after I broke.

There is a reason why a lot of people stuck it to though I really like Windows 10. Having a touch screen is kind of cool on a full operating system.

Sure, I see your point.

@legowarrior what do you recommend for a consumer level laptop these days? My sister in law’s 13 month old ideapad is dying, power cable flakey, trackpad doesn’t work, numerous software glitches despite repair reinstalling windows 10 which took me over an hour. Her last computer, an Acer, lasted under two years until the screen broke, and it was glitchy before that.

I don’t have time to be an IT support anymore, but she’s firmly a low end (low income) buyer. It sucks for her spending about $400 or so every two years, but she can’t swing an Apple or XPS / Surface. Thoughts? New Surface Go?

What does she use it for?