New York City Milk Stout 5th QT3 Meetup - Sep 26 2019

Myself and @mono at the very least will be meeting up in New York City at the “Stout” bar in midtown Manhattan at 5PM on October 13th, 2016 and we would be happy for any fellow QT3ers (over the age of 21) to join us. The full address of the bar is: 60 E 41st St, New York, NY 10017.

Among other things they have the famous Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout on tap and I will buying the first pint for any QT3ers who join us. I doubt that it will run too late unless you want it to but I will be there for a couple of hours.

If you want to join us just reply to this thread or message one of us and we can figure out specifics of where in the bar to meet.

Alex.

@Chappers was kind enough to reach out, and I’m happy to oblige!

Any other NYC-area folks who’d like stop by for an hour or two would be more than welcome.

We’ll bump this in a week or two to see if there are any further takers, otherwise Alex and I (I’m Josh Marshall, BTW) will have to drink all the Nitro Milk Stout ourselves.

Aww man, would love to but I’m 3000 miles across the Atlantic :-)

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/72086466.jpg

It’s only an 18 hour drive.

Oh my god you guys are making it very hard for me to forget that the words “milk” and “stout” can be combined into some new aberrant expression. Please have your get-together quickly and maybe move on to consuming something like bacon butter.

Well I guess I’ll just take that milk steak to go.

This onion cola is delicious.

You say that, but I could see some sort of distilled extractive of really caramelized onions being the decent basis for a drink. . .

I have had garlic wine. Not quite as “good” as it sounds.

It’s just a fad that will die out…

… when they get a taste of an oyster stout.

I may drive through NYC with my wife in October, but too late for this. We were going to stop at the famous deli that’s closing to get some pickles and lunch.

Just a quick bump. @Chappers and I still plan to meet for a stout next Thursday. Any Tri-State Qt3’ers, or intrepid travelers, are welcome to join.

Looking forward to it.

I might make it over… how would I recognise the Qt3ers?

This is me, from the Milk Stout Nitro Qt3 coming out party (watching Tom’s youtube stream).

Don’t bother, it’s a tourist trap. Go to Katz’s instead. Actual new yorkers eat there. Best pastrami in NYC and thus the world.

And I’ll be the English looking fellow with mono ;)

Chappers better seek me out, as I don’t know what he looks like, :)

Grey pants, black sweater for me, today.

I just learned a long time colleague is having their last day at the office today. So I’m going to only be at Stout for 45 minutes or an hour today, have to split a bit before 6:30 to say my goodbyes. Still looking forward to tipping a glass w/ Alex and any other Qt3er who manages to pop in for a few.