NFL 2019

That’s one that will sting for a long time.

Life-long Missouri resident. Of course I’m for the Chiefs, until they have to play the XFL St. Louis Battlehawks!

Yeah, they are up by three and need to bleed the clock and should have run it. Shanahan went with play-action, going for the kill, but Instead it was two incompletes and punt and KC drives for the TD and win.

Yikes! Guy’s got a gorilla on his back now!

First Super Bowl party, and first time I watched a Super Bowl game, like the hole thing. It was not an unpleasant experience. Go Williams.

Super Bowl parties are great for eating and drinking and socializing. The game can be good or bad (tonight’s was good) but the commercials in a group setting can be fun. They seem funnier when watched in a group and people laugh.

My group also has some hardcore country fans who… didn’t know who Shakira was. We helped them look her up and gave some context to that stripper pool since it’s tied to JLos recent movie success and not just, well, out of nowhere.

Yeah, there is really no chance I am going to become an ongoing fan, but I may go to the next big party.

A party’s a party. Do I go to an Easter gathering because I’m celebrating the ressurection of somebody’s reputed Lord and Savior, or do I go to mix and eat some ham and eggs and cake and chocolate, and have some wine and/or bourbon slush?

Heh, sometimes it’s both. I actually did watch the game though. I had two people on either side of me make sure I kept up which was fun, no sarcasm there it was fun and helpful. I intended to leave after the half-time, but I stayed for the while thing. It’s weird how they take like an hour game though and push it to… four hours. I gotta feeling I’d be bigger sports fan if that didn’t happen.

My daughter went to a Superbowl party (small one with a few friends, mostly female) and their goal was to ignore the game and watch the half-time show, which they did. And of course eat the tasty food each person brought. Just another way to enjoy the unofficial national holiday that is the Superbowl.

Wow, I didn’t realize that. I was just thinking how what happened to SF is the same thing that happened to ATL. Their D got tired and couldn’t stop the opposing team in the 4th quarter.

The 4th and 1 play that the Chiefs converted with that crazy motion in the first half was apparently stolen from the 1948 Michigan Rose Bowl:

So as the second PM interception hit, at 2am my time, I thought “This game is over, they’ll run 5 minutes off the clock on the next drive at least and then the SF defence is too good, the KC recievers aren’t getting open and PM doesn’t have time.”

And I went to bed.

Hahahahah

Andy Reid post-game: “I’m gonna go get the biggest cheeseburger you’ve ever seen . . . The biggest one, might be a double.”

Both of the star tight ends ended up being taken out of this game. Kelce at least caught a couple of key plays to convert first downs and had the touchdown catch on the first Chiefs TD of the fourth quarter.

George Kittle was even more underused. He had three catches in the first half. Converted a 1st down in the 2nd half on a brilliant, sliding 12-yard catch in the second half. And that’s it. Obviously also that OPI at the end of the first half as well, but man.

The OPI was a good call, though I agree it hardly ever gets called. Overall, though, hardly any penalties in the game.

I was cheering for the Chiefs, because 50 years is a long time, and for Andy Reid, and also because I have hated the 49ers since the Montana/Young days. So I actually watched the entire game (except half-time–I watched Family Guy during that). First SB I’ve watched in several years, because I just usually don’t care.

It was an entertaining game to watch. Best commercials? The Snickers ad, and the Groundhog Day ad.

It was a good game. Not sure how you can both say “a 10-point lead is nothing to the Chiefs” and call the fact that the Chiefs scored twice an “epic collapse” by the Niners.

The Chiefs’ fans certainly waited a long time, Andy Reid gets rid of the undeserved “can’t coach in the playoffs” label, the Niners had a much better season than anyone expected back in August and the Rams and Seahawks still have only won one Super Bowl each - so I’m satisfied.

Jimmy G in quarters 1-3: 17 completions on 22 attempts.

Jimmy G in the fourth quarter: 3 of 9, 1 pick.

Agreed. Any time a Superbowl is close it makes it more enjoyable. Hats off to the Chiefs. They had some moments there were I wasn’t sure, but surely those last two drives were the magic we’ve seen several times this season.

It was fun to catch up on this thread this morning, knowing what happened. During the game, I never got down to that level of thinking the Chiefs were done. Though I did get to the point where I thought they were in real trouble.

What really irked me yesterday was when Tyreek Hill and Kelce both stopped forward progress and failed to get the first down because they were going to do a dodge move that failed.

After that 44 yard completion to Hill, it seemed like the offense just opened up and started firing on all cylinders. And the defense got stop after stop after stop. It was pretty amazing to watch.

When they were down by 10 midway through the 4th quarter it was starting to be do or die time. They really needed a drive to end in points. They got it.

I’ll give Tyrek Hill some leeway because he could break something long with his speed. Kelce needs to be a tight end and make sure of the 1st down first.

Good Superbowl. I like the close games and it had some nice back and forth, some times the Niners were dominating and some times the Chiefs took control.