NFL 2020

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2905541-i-want-kinship-not-animosity?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

A nice article about Aaron Rodgers and mentoring new quarterbacks.

Miami just cut Josh Rosen.

I’m only surprised because I thought they might keep him this year for covid-insurance. Evidently, not only did Tua beat him out for the #2 spot, but two workouts with Jake Rudock impressed the staff more than 16 months of Rosen. There is zero financial reason to let him go. I feel bad for him; I like the kid.

BTW, anyone interested in a Qt3 Fantasy Football league this year? I haven’t played in one for like 5 years.

I’d be up for that!

Anyone wanna do the research and organize it? I have a sinking feeling that we are very close to the deadline to start a league?

Edit - Like, frinstance, which site is best/easiest to use these days?

Update - OK, I did one for Yahoo and will post a thread. Why do I always organize stuff… :)

Edit - Thread here:

I love football but have avoided the temptation of ever playing Fantasy. I don’t ever want to be watching a game and cheering for individual performances. Other than that part, it sounds like fun.

I’ve played fantasy football and baseball for years and learned to separate my rooting for my hometown teams and rooting for individuals who are on opposing teams, yet who I have rostered. It takes a while but is possible. The way to do it though is simple: the real life game take priority. Always root for your real life team, even if hurts your fantasy team.

That said, my years in fantasy football have prompted me to pay much more attention to the league than I would have otherwise, so I know the players across the league much better and that helps my overall enjoyment of following the sport.

Plus, last season I won $300 in a friends’ league.

The best thing about Fantasy Football for me is that it gives me a reason to care about all the games. And the Red Zone channel becomes a delicious sugar rush each Sunday morning.

We have 6 people in the league. If we get to 8 at least, we’ll do it though I’d love to have the maximum of ten. If you’re sitting on the fence waiting to see if we get the number, please, go to the below thread and chime in. The draft has to be tomorrow (last day before the season begins).

Thanks, all, this will be my last “ad” in this thread. :)

I would play.

Noted - you are nine - we have room for one more.

One more and we can happily max out at an even number!

If you end up odd numbered and want to bump me it won’t hurt my feelings (that said, happy to play)

Nah, everyone is on the bus. :)

We have 10 thanks everybody!

Well, Arizona just blew up the WR market.

Until today, I didn’t realize the NFL was actually allowing fans at their games. Sounds safe and responsible.

A lot aren’t.

6k fans in a 60-80k stadium should be okay if done right. Still, I am not sure why you bother with doing it.