NFL 2021

Damn, Fitzmagic has had a helluva career as a marginal QB.

He’s a good fit for WFT. He’s good enough to win a few games for them and with their defense they may win a few more.

Those heady past couple weeks when Russell Wilson was rumored to potentially be traded to the Bears made him the best QB in Bears’ history.

Alas

I still don’t see any scenario in the world where that could actually have happened, the Bears don’t even have a single high draft pick they could trade for him, let alone the kind of package it would actually take.

Adam Schefter reported the bears made an aggressive offer and were turned down.

Sure, but no one is saying anywhere that the Bears made an actual good offer that the Seahawks didn’t laugh them out of the room over. Even if the Bears offered up their next 3 first rounders (the max allowed) and Roquan Smith that is still a weak offer. They have the 20th this year and next year wouldn’t be a high pick if they had Wilson.

As much as I would absolutely love to have him on my team there’s just no way the Bears had anything like the assets to get him. Maybe the Jets or Dolphins have enough draft capital to hypothetically get a deal done.

I saw someone quip that it is now the Washington Fitzmagic Team.

Not if the qb doesn’t want to be there and they can’t fix the problem. They’ve really buried themselves in a whole. There are glaring problems on this roster and they don’t have draft capital to fix them, thanks to head-scratching moves like trading for Jamal Adams

I feel like we’re talking past each other a bit. I am not saying that they couldn’t possibly trade him, I am saying that they aren’t doing it for what the Bears specifically could have offered. The Bears can’t offer much more than what the Seahawks gave up for Adams.

The Bears only have 3 first rounders and not very good ones to offer and their second rounders are also not great. Compare that to a package that the Jets could put together with 5 first rounders over the next 3 years. They could start a package with #2 and #23 overall and Darnold and that’s already way way better than anything that the Bears could offer.

True, but if Wilson doesn’t want to be a Jet…ofc, if he DOES want out, at some point he might have to be more flexible with destination. Can we give Adams back while we are at it?

I’m sure the Jets could have been on the list with a little help. Part of the reason for all of this is Wilson’s wife is recording royalty, but she has to live half the year in Seattle when she’d much rather be in Miami or SoCal or NYC or a lot of places that also happen to be on Wilson’s list of teams he’d be willing to be traded to.

Russell Wilson is only not the most annoying dude in the NFL because Brady hasn’t retired yet and also he’s got a lot of work to do to peek out of the penumbra cast by Aaron Rodgers’ doucheitational field.

Bwaahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhaha. A 32-year old future HOF QB and this is what Chicago offered?

Man, you guys really do think the right to pay Wilson a market-rate contract has infinity value, huh?

You want the Seahawks to trade away a Franchsie QB and eat a $39 million cap hit for a little more than what Stafford got, you’re nuts. And at least the Lions got a QB out of that trade.

They are smoking some fine quality stuff up there in Seattle if they think this is a laughable offer. That is a very respectable offer, surprisingly so. It may not be enough in Seattle’s view, but it isn’t absurd either.

Also 32 year old QB. Emphasis on 32.

Seattle’s cap hit isn’t Chicago’s problem.

Rams overpaying for Stafford isn’t Chicago’s problem. (And Goff and his contract aren’t really of any net value.)

And as for what I want Seattle to do, I want Carroll to suffer heaped indignities for being such a smarmy douchewaffle, I want the fans to endure another few decades of mediocrity for being Boston West for the entirety of Wilson’s tenure, and I want Wilson and his whole insufferable smug choirboy persona to become Cutler 2.0 for a mediocre Bears team that thinks it’s better than it is while playing for a coach and GM who are only not the worst in the league because the Texans haven’t been thrown into the Gulf of Mexico yet for some reason.

None of this compares to the eternity of Sarlacc digestion that Sean Payton and Drew Brees will be subjected to when I’m elected God-Emperor.

Nah, I don’t think it’s laughable at all. I’d like a 2nd this year and one of those starters to be named Mack

It wouldn’t be market rate because a huge chunk has already been paid upfront as a signing bonus. If you trade for him you get him at 3/60 which is definitely way way below market value.