NFL 2023

I’m surprised that the Packers and Jets don’t already have a trade worked out. Word is the Packers asking price is sky high, which is also surprising since their GM has made it clear that they’re more than ready to move on from Rodgers.

Apparently today is the first day of the NFL 2023 season, right? So someone can now make that new thread.

Not until 4 PM EST

I did not know that! Glad someone didn’t jump the gun.

Yeah, Rodgers just went on the McAfee show and basically said before he “went into the darkness” he was told by the Packers to take his time and make a decision when he was ready. When he came out of the darkness things had changed and they were ready to move on. He said he wants to go the Jets but the Packers are the ones holding it up as they work out compensation. I don’t know what the Packers are expecting to get for him. They have no leverage other than the rights to his contract. He doesn’t want to be there, the Packers have made it clear they don’t want him, there are no other trade partners for him. What are they going to do, not trade him and just eat the money?

If I’m the Pack, just get him out of here already. They can’t make any moves until then.

I wonder if there is just a 2025 pick involved so the trade can’t happen until 4 EST and the front offices just haven’t leaked the trade details (which does happen sometimes).

Otherwise they are just playing chicken on who blinks on some compensation point. There’s specific reason either team has to do this trade right now if they are convinced that it will happen.

And, of course, the Cleveland social media groups are full of idiots who took this story seriously.

Detroit’s radio media has been talking Jalen Carter all day. Real chance he is available at 6.

In my mind, I think the Lions pass. The Ford family has made it clear for decades that their number 1 priority is selling cars. Lions football is a fun diversion but not the primary concern.

The way I see it, if you would not put the player in a Ford commercial then they probably will not allow the pick/trade.

In rebuttal, I present to you…Ndomukon Suh.

Did he have any issues before he got into the league? Everything I know of was after. They also let him leave after his rookie deal.

He was notorious for dirty play in college.

I don’t know how he would be a fit with this staff at all.

He played college ball in Lincoln NE. The authorities, and quite frankly most of the citizenry, in Lincoln knows to look the other way when a star player is misbehaving.

I just hope Jalen Carter doesn’t fall completely out of the draft and then get taken by my favorite XFL team.

Bengals sign 4-time Pro Bowl Left Tackle Orlando Brown to 4-year deal. I was kinda sweating a little when they let S Jessie Bates and TE Hayden Hurst walk away earlier in the week, as both were solid contributors to the success of the past two seasons…but signing Orlando Brown is probably the most solid football move the Bengals have made since selecting Joe Burrow in the draft. Not only does Burrow’s blind side now get Super Bowl caliber protection, but the run game significantly improves as well. All on a team friendly deal as well. Oh, and stealing him from the Chiefs is icing on the cake. Hell yeah. The Bengals front office got a taste of what it’s like to be a Super Bowl contender that past two seasons and wants MORE.

That is huge too, because Burrow has had to live with an iffy line for so long. Sacked 51 times in 2022 (3rd most, only 4 sacks behind Wilson/Fields who were sacked 55 times). Joe Burrow getting extra time in the pocket is not good news for any team playing against them.

Seahawks have signed Drew Lock for 1 year/$4 million, so seems less likely taking a QB at #5 now.

Not at all, IMO. A 4 million dollar investment has no bearing at all on that. Ofc, there may not be a QB they want at 5. This is a hedge. And if they DO go QB at 5, it sets up Lock to stay as backup after geno is gone.