NFL 2023

Wow.

Oh, this is prime bullshit

WHAT THE FUCK???!?!?!?! That’s it?!?!?!?!

Two firsts, two seconds, Noah Fant still could be something, and a couple Guys. Huh.

Looks like he’s got two years left on his deal at well-below-market (19M in 2022, 22M in 2023). Is he going to actually play on that deal? That’s a pretty excellent amount of surplus value if so. I don’t honestly see the Seahawks as having been dumb here. Especially since that roster doesn’t look like it’s going to be ready to win with Wilson, unless he’s able to age like Rodgers or Brady.

Fant needs to be extended this year and will wants tons of money. :/

It’s a QB-poor draft, too. At this rate, we may as well ride with Drew Lock than blow a #9 pick on a reach at QB.

This is the official Seahawks Twitter account…

This kinda makes it sound like Seahawks didn’t think Wilson would accept a trade to the, uh, Commanders.

Wilson is from Virginia, so the Commanders do have appeal from that perspective.

But if you’re going to trade him, get him out of your conference.

The Calvin Ridley suspension is so amazing.

17 games? For betting on games while he was on the NPI list?

I understand some sort of harsh criticism for betting on games in which you are participating, but some guy sitting on a couch betting 1500 bucks on games getting an entire year suspension is flabbergasting.

With the NFL completely getting pumped up with so many advertising dollars coming in and partnerships with gambling sites, not expecting players to participate is surprising.

I am sure the rules he broke are ironclad in their union contract, but seeing such a huge suspension over this seems excessive. Considering the precedent set with the various player abuse scandals around 6 weeks.

Tom Brady got 4 games for deflate-gate. Nobody got suspended for Spygate. Both situations where actual competitive tampering was done with material harm done to the competitive nature of the sport.

I mean, Josh Gordon was suspended like 6 years for smoking a (now) legal substance.

Fuck.

Definitely think that is the most likely reason, but I would also add that “Team announces they tried super super hard to acquire player their fans wanted but the other team was crazy” is always a thing.

Ain’t that the truth.

Word is that they’re willing to hear offers for Tyler Lockett, too.

Jeezus, it’s a complete teardown and rebuild.

Might as well trade DK. He’s not going to be happy having Drew Effin’ Lock as his QB, and he is up for an extension.