NFL Loser Bowl 2018-19 (football forum game)

As a fan of the Browns, I’ve come to embrace the thrill of almost-victory and want to share it with everyone, so I humbly introduce you all to:

NFL Loser Bowl 2018-19

Who can play? EVERYONE! (well, everyone who’s a QT3 member). It takes no special knowledge of football.

Rules: Before each week’s games begin, choose ONE team to lose. If you forgot there’s some Thursday game and it’s already started or something like that, you’re just prevented from choosing a team from that game.

If your chosen team loses, you WIN!

Here’s the catch: you can NEVER choose the same team to lose again for the rest of the regular season (The counts reset when the playoffs start). Whomever has the most wins at the end, wins the tournament! If there’s a tie, playoff wins are the tie-breaker.

THIS IS A SEASON-LONG GAME we’re playing, so any bad luck one week, no worries! Miss one because family was in town? Still here for you.

What are the stakes? Free to play, of course, and I’ll provide a few (not quite) random game keys from my vast collection of unused game keys to the winner (Steam). No guarantee the games are actually good or that you won’t already own them, but playing is 100% free, so get over it. If we get enough players going, I’ll think about expanding the prize pool for a runner-up or two.

How do I play? Just post your picks here NEW AND IMPROVED!: use the handy poll25 by CraigM downthread and I’ll update the standings each week. Note - choose only one team per week.

Current Standings & Picks (week 15)

Player “Wins” “Losses” “WTH?” Pct. Playoff Picks Regular Season
1 RichVR
.905 2-2 NE (L), NO (W), DAL (W), PHI (L) JAX, NYG, TB, CIN, OAK, ATL, PHI, SEA, CLE, DEN, SF, AZ, IN, NYJ, LAC, NE, BUF
2 saracen31
.857 3-1 LAR (W), NO (W), DAL (W), PHI (L) NYJ, DET, TB, BAL, OAK, ATL, PHI, DAL, BUF, DEN, NYG, SF, MIA, MIN, LAC, PIT, GB
3(t) dionisus1122
.810 3-1 LAR (W), KC (W), DAL (W), PHI (L) CAR, NYG, SF, CIN, WAS, OAK, PHI, AZ, CLE, MIA, TN, DEN, IN, NYJ, BUF, DET, SEA
3(t) Mr_Bismark
.810 3-1 LAR (W), KC (W), DAL (W), LAC (L) JAX, WAS, PIT, CIN, MIN, OAK, PHI, DAL, GB, NYJ, NYG, DEN, MIA, SF, BUF, AZ, TB
5(t) Skipper
.810 2-2 NE (L), NO (W), DAL (W), IN (L) NYJ, WAS, TB, BAL, OAK, ATL, DEN, DET, CLE, MIA, CIN, AZ, NYG, SF, BUF, SEA
5(t) Dan_Theman
.810 2-2 NE (L), NO (W), IN (W), PHI (L) JAX, BUF, WAS, TB, OAK, AZ, PHI, TN, DET, GB, CIN, DEN, IN, MIN, NYJ, CAR, SF
7(t) cannedwombat
.810 1-3 NE (L), LAR (L), DAL (W), IN (L) JAX, NYG, WAS, BAL, OAK, ATL, PHI, SEA, TB, DEN, CIN, BUF, IN, SF, DAL, AZ, HOU
7(t) Pyperkub
.810 1-3 NE (L), LAR (L), PHI (W), DAL (L) JAX, NYG, TB, CIN, OAK, ATL, PHI, SEA, CLE, NYJ, TN, SF, MIA, MIN, BUF, AZ, CHI
9 TundraToad
.800 3-1 LAR (W), NO (W), PHI (W), DAL (L) JAX, NYJ, TB, BAL, OAK, ATL, PHI, MIA, DET, DEN, SF, AZ, NYG, TN, BUF, GB, WAS
10 CraigM
.762 2-2 LAR (W), NO (W), NE (L), PHI (L) AZ, BUF, TB, OAK, CLE, ATL, PHI, DET, DEN, GB, TN, MIA, SEA, MIN, LAC, CIN, SF
11 Charlatan
.714 4-0 LAR (W), NO (W), DAL (W), BAL (W) WAS, BAL, SF, MIA, DAL, ATL, DEN, SEA, GB, DEN, NYJ, TB, JAX, NYG, BUF, AZ, HOU
12 ddtibbs
.750 2-1 Not LAR ->, LAR (L), PHI (W), HOU (W) CAR, DET, MIA, CIN, JAX, WAS, PHI, OAK, BUF, DEN, SF, NYG, SEA, NYJ, LAC, AZ, TB
13(t) rhamorim
.789 1-2 GM, NE (L), IN (W), PHI (L) AZ, BUF, CAR, OAK, DET, ATL, DEN, PHI, DAL, MIN, TN, PIT, WAS, SF, IN, NYG, CHI
13(t) Kelan
.714 1-3 NE (L), LAR (L), IN (W), PHI (L) JAX, BUF, PIT, BAL, OAK, ATL, PHI, DAL, DET, DEN, NYG, TB, IN, CLE, SF, AZ, NYJ
13(t) tylertoo
.714 1-3 LAR (W), NE (L), NO (L), DAL (L) OAK, BUF, WAS, BAL, NYJ, ATL, JAX, MIA, TB, CLE, CIN, AZ, NYG, DEN, DET, DAL, SF
16 Spect
.714 4-0 LAR (W), KC (W), LAC (W), BAL (W) CAR, OAK, PIT, SEA, MIN, NYJ, DEN, TN, GB, BUF, CHI, KC, IN, MIA, DET, JAX, HOU
17 Grim72
.765 3-1 LAR (W), KC (W), IN (W), PHI (L) WAS, NYG,SF, TB, DET, ATL, JAX, CLE, BUF, DEN, CHI, BAL, AZ
18 lostcawz
.700 2-1 GM, NO (W), LAC (W), PHI (L) CAR, BUF, WAS, MIN, NYJ, MIA, DEN, OAK, TB, GB, SF, AZ, IN, BAL, TN, NYG, PHI
19(t) wahoo
.700 1-2 NE (L), PHI (W), LAC (L) WAS, KC, PHI, MIA, OAK, NYG, DEN, SEA, DET, GB, CIN, AZ, IN, BUF, LAC, CAR, TB
19(t) JonRowe
.667 1-3 NE (L), LAR (L), DAL (W), PHI (L) JAX, PIT, PHI, CIN, OAK, WAS, DEN, DET, CLE, TB, CAR, AZ, MIA, NYJ, BUF, NYG, CHI
19(t) Doctor_Hillbilly
.667 1-3 NE (L), LAR (L), LAC (W), IN (L) OAK, PIT, TB, CIN, NYJ, NYG, PHI, DAL, ATL, DEN, SF, AZ, IN, MIN, DET, BUF, GB
22 ArmandoPenblade
.619 4-0 LAR (W), KC (W), DAL (W), HOU (W) WAS, DET, MIA, TB, PIT, CIN, IN, DAL, HOU, CLE, JAX, ATL, NO, AZ, KC, TN, CAR
23(t) Knightsaber
.764 0-3 GM, NE (L), LAR (L), PHI (L) WAS, NYG, GB, OAK, DET, ATL, PHI, AZ, CLE, BUF, CIN, KC, IN, DEN
23(t) Mike_Hernandez
.813 NYJ, NYG, CAR, TB, OAK, ATL, PHI, AZ, CLE, DEN, CIN, NE, BUF, MIN, SF, KC
25 Mr.Grim
.632 0-2 KC (L), PHI (L) BAL, KC, NE, IND, JAX, OAK, DET, SEA, BUF, CLE, TN, DEN, ATL, NYG, NYJ, AZ, TB
26 rowe33
.733 LAC, BAL, WAS, AZ, LAR, DAL, CLE, GB, SF, DEN, SEA, NYJ, BUF, OAK, PIT
27 Thraeg
.476 3-1 NE (L), KC (W), DAL (W), BAL (W) DAL, DEN, DET, GB, HOU, IN, JAX, MIA, NE, NO, NYJ, SF, PHI, SEA, TB, TN, WAS
28 Jason_Levine
.667 1-2 NE (L), LAR (L), PHI (W) CAR, BAL, DAL, AZ, LAR, DET, GB, NO, NYG, WAS, SF, NYJ, PIT
29 Gutsball
.588 NYJ, BUF, KC, CHI, BAL AZ, MIN, CIN, TN, OAK, NYG, LAC, NE, OAK, GB, SEA, NE
30(t) Scott_Lufkin
.529 2-1 NO (W), DAL (W), PHI (L) ATL, IND, WAS, CAR, DET, CIN, NYG, AZ, OAK, BUF, TB, MIA, SF, CHI, GB
30(t) Navaronegun
.450 2-2 LAR (W), NE (L), KC (L), SEA (W) PHI, MIN, MIA, CIN, SEA, GB, NYG, PIT, CLE, DET, CHI, IN, NE, SF, NYJ, TB
32 Mark_Crump
.529 0-1 IN (L) NYG, WAS, CIN, OAK, ATL, IN, TN, GB, DEN, CHI, NE, BUF, NYJ, DET, JAX, HOU
33 KristiGaines
.667 1-0 LAR (W) WAS, NYG, PIT, MIA, OAK, ATL, CHI, DAL, BUF, CLE, NYJ
34 Hylo
1.00 1-0 LAR (W)
35 ChiTownBluesFan
GM
QT3 totals (through week 17):
.751 Normalized over a 16-game season: 11.92- 3.96 - .12

@tomchick get in here! It’s like an RPG, but you don’t know any of the world’s rules, or characters.

That rule exists only to prevent everyone from picking the Browns every week, right? ;)

Yes. That would be called ‘cheating’. It’d be like picking Bo Jackson in Temco Bowl.

Or the Dolphins. You essentially get two freebies

OK, I’ll start by picking the Le’Veon Bell-less Steelers to lose to the Browns. You heard it right here folks. The Browns are going to begin the season with infinitely more wins than they had last year! Of course, if they do, I’ll have a fatal coronary, which will limit my enjoyment somewhat.

I like the optimism. Plus it saves your freebie for another week.

It would really suck if someone picks the browns on the one week they win. Same Dolphins.

All I know is that I’ll save my Chargers pick for the playoffs. Guaranteed win (loss) for me in that case!

Week 1 Loser:
The Bears

I was gonna go 49’ers but I gotta go with the home-pick to start the season.

Week 1 Loser:
The Texans

I think the strategy is to save teams like the Browns for when you really need a win. So I’ll make a slightly tougher call:

Week 1 Loser: The Broncos

Ladies and Gentlemen, my pick for Week 1 is a Loser Bowl Classic pic:

In which Armando learns there are way more NFL teams than he figured on and decides he can’t play this game after all.

Pick one based on city hatred. You get a 50-50 shot each week. I was able to vent my petty hatred of Tampa Bay, Neck Beards, Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Buccaneers in one fell swoop.

I’m wondering if I should pick the Packers this week or not… they do like to lose games early in the season…

You.

I like you.

In honor of the courts declaring that our literally but no actually straight up for realsies not exaggerating at all unconstitutional Congressional map has to be used this year anyway, I choose The Carolina Panthers as this week’s loser.

Save it for Rodgers inevitable injury.

That’s my plan!

Ooooh, good point!

So, as a thank you, I pick…

Week 1 loser: Chicago Bears.

Ha, I’m trying real hard to justify not doing the same!