NFL Loser Bowl 2018-19 (football forum game)

I am starting to really worry about the nfc north.

Chicago? Really?

Unless the Vikes win tomorrow, the division is all but over.

Honestly two weeks ago the Bears are exactly where I expected. Just had the win and loss switched.

I mean losing to the Giants and beating the Rams makes perfect sense, right?

Craig to be quite honest I never expected to Bears to be so good this year. And after last year? I expected my Vikes to be better. Sigh,

The bears beat the rams? Sounds like some crazy mutant zoo,

To be honest, I didn’t either! I figured 7 wins was their absolute ceiling.

And if you’d have asked me week one what the top 5 teams in the league are? I’d have put the Vikes up there.

This week was insane. The Dolphins beat the Patriots with some miraculous college-football-like-lateral-pass-nonsense and then the Steelers almost did the same to the Raiders.

Oakland and Miami spoiled a lot of people this week.

I was probably saved, because I had already picked both.

As we get further towards the playoffs, we will see good teams locked in starting to give up, or wildcard teams outperforming etc.

My strategy so far has been to follow vegas mostly, and never (almost) pick home teams to lose.

Alternatively, pick bird teams to lose.

Yep -

Avoid home losers

Avoid division rivalry games and especially home losers in rivalry games

Watch for teams that have to fly from west to east 2+ timezones

Avoid loser with a top QB

Those are kind of my rules. But I think it is going to get tested this week and next.

Running out of teams to pick at this point.

I have broken every one of those multiple times. To success even.

But the freaking raiders. If there is ever a home loser to pick, that’s the one. And the arguable worst team in the league beat a likely division winner and all around good Steelers team.

Hey man, I followed my rules to a T and got burned by Buffalo waltzing into Minneapolis and mudholing the Vikings.

I followed my rules to a T too! And I’m just shocked, shocked to report that picking in reverse alphabetical order did not, contrary to all expectations, outperform a blind monkey throwing darts.

11-3

one of us!

11-3

one of us!

Curiously enough, most of us avoided the upsets in our picks. Miami claimed 3, Oakland 2. (of 33 picks for the week).

Baltimore could have crushed a lot of people though.

Sigh. I guess that ended badly.

Standings updated!

Several losses this last week, but it was almost a lot worse with some really close calls.

Something people should keep in mind as we’re getting toward the end of the regular season: teams who have already clinched a playoff spot sometimes react differently in games compared to those who are still fighting for a berth.

Edit - oh, and as an aside:

The Cleveland Browns are 3-1 in their last 4 games.
The New York Giants are 4-1 in their last 5 games

My unexpected run of good luck represents the logical endpoint of my own pick-scheme, I think.

That said, I have one pick left in me from that scheme before I have to resort to random chance.

Thus, for this week, I choose to lose the last remaining Floridian/red state team, The Miami Somethings.

LOL - I’ll mark that down for you

Dolphins! They’re the Dolphins!

I think I learned that from Ace Ventura.

See, I know my football.