NFL Loser Bowl 2018-19 (football forum game)

Congrats, @RichVR!

Now it remains to be seen. Are you a 1972 Miami Dolphin or a 2007 New England Patriot?

If I dared try the opposite, for money, things would be very different.

Do not pick the Giants to lose! Oh wait, bad flashbacks, sorry.

Congratulations! (stupid week 3 bills)

What are we doing for playoffs? where do I enter my picks?

• Baltimore Ravens vs Los Angeles Chargers
  • Chicago Bears vs Philadelphia Eagles
  • Dallas Cowboys vs Seattle Seahawks
  • Houston Texans vs Indianapolis Colts
  • Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans
  • Los Angeles Chargers at Baltimore Ravens
  • Seattle Seahawks at Dallas Cowboys
  • Philadelphia Eagles at Chicago Bears

0 voters

Right here, my good man

This wild card round… I don’t even have the conviction to pick a bird team. Coin flip says Colts lose.

Seattle goes down (bird team).

And thus does the rubber meet the road.

How do the playoff rules work? Again, no picking the same team more than once?

I believe this is the case.

Two bird teams for me. Because I think that the Bears and Chargers are the best teams playing this weekend, and Ravens and Eagles the worst. So tough to pick one of those to lose.

But when in doubt, go homer.
image https://media1.tenor.com/images/2b69fe793ef34b65e5f84389456e82ee/tenor.gif?itemid=4608482

The Eagles have dealt me 2 of my 4 “losses” this year, by winning a game they should have lost and losing a game they should have won.

But… again I am drawn to picking them as losers.

The Nick Foles magic has to end right? I hope Foles says an extra prayer for his bruised ribs, because Khalil Mack is going to be putting whatever extra padding Foles is going to wear to the test.

That being said, I am super hyped for the playoffs this year. There are no clear favorites here, and every team has some glaring weaknesses. Sure the Bears can stonewall the Eagles offense, but can Trubisky rise to the occasion? Foles has been able to work under pressure, can sophmore QB do the same?

I am still playing this league under protest. Since we didn’t play the preseason, the first 4 weeks of the pool should have be considered preseason and not count on our final total. Sure I was 0-3-1 the 1st four weeks and then ran the table but that is PURELY COINIDENCE. I would still be protesting even if I was 4-0-0 at the beginning, no really :)

Going with my gut and picking Dallas to lose at home.

I’m leaning this way as well. Or the Colts. This week is hard to pick, for sure.

Aaaaaand, going with the Colts (IND) to lose. I have no clue why, I just kind of want them to lose.

This is a reminder that there are Saturday games!

@Dan_Theman, is the rule you can’t pick the same team twice still in effect during the playoffs? What happens if you have already used all the teams that are playing?

Everything resets for the playoffs - sorry, I’ve been out and about for the holidays so I’ll get the standings updated by tonight.

So here’s what’s important to think about;

• You can choose any team in the playoffs once, regardless of whomever you picked during the regular season
  • This means it’s possible (albeit unlikely) to lock yourself out of a pick for the Super Bowl

Hah! Thanks for clarifying. This round will separate the men from the boys! (And ladies from the girls @KristiGaines!)

Speaking of girls, I pick the Cowgirls to lose.

Houston to lose.

Ravens to lose to Chargers

I hope so!

I’d go for a Bears Chargers Super Bowl.