NFL Loser Bowl 2018-19 (football forum game)

There’s no option for just the Pats to get hit by a meteor? Well, fine. This is why I didn’t pick in the AFC game.

Other thoughts:
This has been a hoot. 5 stars, would play again. Thank you @Dan_Theman and others involved for putting the time in.

In re: strategery - I never sought out the Vegas odds, Being fairly familiar with a division (AFC West) and paying attention to how things were shaking out after the first few weeks were enough to get me to 14-0.

Homerism took over in the playoffs, Bears/Chiefs was my ideal outcome, but all I got was an empty bottle of Rye.

There’s always next year.

So sayeth Andy Reid.

Yeah, @Dan_Theman thanks for the fun!

One of the better moves Elway has made at GM (which stands out because of all the garbage ones) was firing John Fox after a 13-3 season and a Super Bowl appearance (in the literal sense, they were present at the game) Fox was never going to be “the guy” in Denver, nor will Reid be the guy in KC. I’d cut bait now. You have a generational talent in Mahomes, don’t waste it.

I would also like to thank @Dan_Theman and others here who assisted with the poll posts, and help with updates when needed.

We will all remember the great loss of the New Preleans Patriots. I’ve had a New Orleans Praline, and I’m hoping that’s their mascot or maybe they give those out at games.

Edit: And at this time I’m pulling for the Rams to win and the Patriots to lose because that’s the only way I would enjoy that game. And maybe Tom Brady gets injured pre-game by some bozo parachuting into the game that accidentally lands on Tom.

You all know Mahomes will most likely be hired by the Patriots when Brady retires, right?

This was great fun, all the way up until the moment I had to pick someone to lose to the Patriots in the Super Bowl. Maybe next year KC can find a few defenders. Or hire Tony Romo as defensive coordinator, since he seemingly knew everything the Patriots were going to do in that 4th quarter/OT.

My reaction exactly.

Just happy this has been fun for so many of us!

FYI -

• top 5 (not counting me) will wind up with one Steam code (all the same game, btw)
  • top 2 get two Steam codes (different game)
  • winner gets three (a third different game :)

Feel free to pass the codes along if any of the games aren’t of interest or you already have them.

And for the first time in the entire contest, I pick based on love, not hate (Boston is my favorite place I’ve ever lived, and there are no red states left in the competition), and it turns out everyone else hates them.

Alas :-)

Despite the fact that they’re a Boston team, it’s completely counter to my feelings toward them to think of Brady and Belichick as representing a blue state team. I think of them more along the lines of Darth Vader and Grand Moff Tarkin.

You say this like it’s a bad thing.

Obviously picking the Rams to LOSE!

You guys, it warms my heart to see this

You’re going to make me Google football people aren’t you

Don’t do it Armando. For you, this course would only lead to disappointment. Especially with your Boston affection.

Put it another way. There’s a reason the term Massholes exists to describe Boston sports fans. Whatever you feel about the city may have little cross over with their sports teams. And that has nothing to do with politics. Merely how obnoxious Boston fans are :)

Yeah but post season was about the meta. Regular season was all Vegas.

Oh yeah. All it took was one World Series win for Red Sox fans to go from long-suffering to completely insufferable overnight. I found myself actually preferring Yankees fans and that’s saying something.