NFL Loser Bowl 2018-19 (football forum game)

Yeah, this week I went with “hating” the team that has to travel from the West Coast and play an early game against the hottest offense in the NFL (the Chiefs).

Plus, how can I hate:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0818/5843/products/Send-Joes-KC-Contest-in-a-Box_2048x2048.png?v=1527204112

and

I will note that KC ranks lower on my Hate-o-Meter than NC almost exclusively because their barbeque is so much fucking better than the garbage restaurants serve around here :-D

Get behind me … satan. You and your way-too-sweet BBQ temptations.

You are the Gourmand of us two, but I think KC BBQ probably is the best in the nation, hands down. Sorry, NC, VA and TX (and @Skipper) . Sue me!

The real question is when do I actually hate KC this year? Gotta hate them once…

I’ll always be partial to Memphis, cuz hey, I spent 18 years trapped in TN and had to get something positive out of the experience (apart from my gf, hello sweetie). But yeah, then Kansas City folk know how to cook some meat, y’all.

I’d be hard pressed to do a real ranking. If I had to try for how I’m feeling today, I think I’d say Memphis > SC > KC > TX > KY > NC > Alabama (fuckin white sauce weirdos), but the top 3-4 shift around a lot.

There’s probably a really apt joke about some NFL team being slower than molasses on their defensive hustle or something, but, you know, Armando’s bad at football.

I think we can all agree that KC’s football team is as hot as fire right now. Brave is the soul that calls them to lose right now.

As for BBQ, despite being from NC, I’m partial to the mouth watering Texas BBQ brisket. And I love the stuff around Austin, even though I know it’s the Johnny come lately to the scene, Lockhart being the OG.

I’ve had enough pulled pork that I’m almost lackadaisical over it.

The one exception I’ll note here is Grady’s BBQ out in Dudley, NC, where there were lots of little bits of almost cracklin-ified skin mixed into the pulled bbq, which was otherwise fairly lightly flavored in and of itself. Yeah, all they had to pour on stuff in-store was Texas Pete and Mop Sauce, but still, it was fuckin’ excellent. Places that just serve you a pile of mushy damp meat-shreds make me weep inside, however.

That is an inspired move.

We need a BBQ thread man. That sounds delicious. Akin to the cleaver chopped stuff from a pig pickin’. Is that a term only around here?

@Navaronegun, @ArmandoPenblade

1. Go to Q39
  2. Order the burnt ends
  3. Repeat as often as your arteries will allow.

It’s been added to the list!

So what NFL hometown has the worst BBQ?

Just saw this and have to say having lived here my whole life (yet have traveled a fair bit) I agree completely. If you need a place to relax though it isn’t bad as you don’t have to worry about missing anything since there is nothing going on (except some damn good football to the east!). I think most Kansans count the Royals and Chiefs as home teams as the city they are based in has the name of the state they are not in. At least that’s how it is in the eastern part of the state.

Seattle.

Probably Buffalo. Just look what they did to chicken wings!

San Francisco.

I’d put forward Boston for the Pats. There isn’t really anything that qualifies as uniquely Bostonian BBQ, but the sad attempts at the genre they try to copy from elsewhere are a testament to the sole redeeming quality of the American South (the food).

Natural landscapes, my friend. And colloquialisms. Don’t hyperbole yourself into a corner now.

And music, don’t forget how important and influential the New Orelans jazz scene was, and is!