NFL Loser Bowl 2018-19 (football forum game)

Balls-out with my first pick:
The Seahawks are going to lose.

What say ye now?

I’ll get you in. Welcome aboard, Skipper!

I would like to play your meta-bowl and also subscribe to your newsletter

Thank you, Dan!

So our Monday Night Football contestants will be @Gutsball and @Skipper, both choosing Seattle to take one on the chin.

Chicago is favored by a little more than a field goal, after playing a strong 3 quarters against the Packers in week 1 and then becoming the victim of Rodgers’ improbable comeback in the 4th quarter. Green Bay “kissed their sister” against a seemingly-good/blessed by awful refs Minnesota team here in week 2. The Bears also picked up one of the best defensive players in the NFL just before the season began, and while they’re not looking like world-beaters, they’re looking vastly improved from their 5-11 showing in 2017.

Seattle lost to the Broncos in week 1, and the Denver in turn beat the seemingly-hapless Raiders here in week 2. Still, the Seahawks put up a 9-7 record last year and while the “Legion of Boom” is done and over with, they thought they still were solid with a retooled defense during the offseason. The Broncos, at least, thought otherwise.

If I had to guess*, the Seahawks defense shows up after taking the week off against the Broncos, but it’s still not enough to overcome the Bears. Chicago wins, 24-17.

*-despite my lusty 2-0 record above, I am NOT an expert so nobody should bet anything based on what I say, lol

You’re arguing Dante’s Circles of Traffic Hell

The wife is from Chicago. It’s a lovely place to visit.

… if you fly.

… just not into ORD, if you can absolutely help it.

…over it.

I hate even flying into ORD. Or through ORD…gack.

Anyway:

Ya’ll are punks. Miami = LA. Whole life cycles are completed in traffic.

It’s because you have too many old people who shouldn’t be allowed to drive down there. It’s not my fault you convinced geriatrics into thinking living in a swamp was some kind of paradise!

Hey I didn’t do that. A bunch of boosters from Illinois and Indiana did (go figure).

And all those cars you see? 50% from South or Central America.

Just a programming note. Denver actually beat the hapless Raiders in truly hilarious fashion. Gruden’s coaching genius was witnessed, as he couldn’t generate a pass rush, nor could his punter completely flip the field. Broncos kicks a FG with 10 seconds left to win

GAH! I totally mistyped that, thanks for the correction! And yes, Gruden …

Jacksonville played a good game. They had a better game plan than NE on both sides of the field. I congratulate them. NE will find their strength. As mentioned before upthread, they always start off a little shaky.

Sure. I knew that I’d have one chance to pick the Pats as the loser. The scuttlebutt I heard was that this was the game. I figured that if I picked Jax and got it right, I’m a genius. :) If I pick wrong, I don’t have to pick the Pats again. I got lucky.

Well I’ll be …

Amazing prediction. I wasn’t jealous of your lusty 2-0 record until now. Now I know…

… you’re Dan The Greek.

LOL - well, that or I’m lucky as heck.

QT3 has improved our overall record to 32-20-4 (unless I lost count, which is always possible). Well done, everyone!