NFL Loser Bowl 2018-19 (football forum game)

Well there are 32 people picking, so pure random chance dictates that we should expect 2 people to be 4-0.

So to have 4 people means you expect that our picks should be roughly twice as good as blind luck, 2-1 ratio win to loss.

And if you look at the record 74-40-4, it’s almost, but not quite, that. So it adds up.

We are twice as good as flipping a coin!

My reverse-alphabetical system still has time to stage a dramatic comeback! (Not sure how much time because then I’d have to look up how many games are in a season. All I know for sure is that it’s less than the 82 in hockey.)

I to am picking the Colts to lose this week

That’s going on my CV

Eight people picking Colts to lose. Getting froggy. Seriously.

I think that is 538’s motto! But they aren’t…

This week I’m just picking the Chiefs’ opponent. Those poor saps.

Man… I want to. But they nearly choked on it at Denver.

I think they still win, but I’m less certain of that than the soon to be steamrolled Seahawks. Rams are charging hard.

Continuing the not picking the Really bad teams till the end of the year philosophy, going Dolphins this week - who are about to go on a 3 game losing streak compliments of Andy Dalton, and being crushed by the Bears coming off a bye.

Do not take them to lose the Bears game if Reshad Jones comes back. I think they will get beaten in Cincy.

Carolina has had a rest week, early. The Giants are going to lose, at home, again.

I was tempted. I was VERY tempted. I don’t have faith that the Pats can prevent self destruction, even at home, even against the Colts. I know they typically waver a bit the first few games, but there seems to be a step or three lost in their stride this year.

Just a reminder that the first game of the week is tomorrow!

Oh, and also a reminder to @CraigM that he’s currently chosen two teams for this week and @ArmandoPenblade that he doesn’t need to punish himself by choosing KC a second time … because it’s not allowed ;)

Uhh, what?

Must have been some glitch due to scrolling or something. I definitely didn’t do that deliberately.

Anyhow my pick is Seattle. The other pick is not relevant.

Woops, sorry, correcting :)

edit: Nerlens it is!

Uh-huh. SURE you didn’t, lol.

edit - if I were a betting man …
I’d give the points and take the Ravens this week. The Browns lost Terrance Mitchell for at least the next 8 games thanks to a gruesome broken wrist. While he’s a very pedestrian CB, he’s a solid tackler on a defense which sometimes seems to lack that and his replacements got lit up by the Raiders.

But I’m not a betting man, so I’ll choose to be blissfully ignorant of the likelihood the Browns will likely mark another tick in the loss column. Besides, surprises happen. For instance Hugh Jackson may arrange for more than 3 carries by Nick Chubb (who scored 2 long touchdowns on them) and the receiving corp may drop fewer than 9 passes! (I wonder what the over-under is on that)

Okay. I’ll join with the crowd; Indianapolis seems like such a slam dunk … of course, that means this will be when Andrew Luck shows his stuff and leads his team to victory.

All you Colts pickers are lemmings and Andrew Luck is a Disney wildlife photographer. Enjoy your swim, losers!

@Gutsball bucking the trend!