NFL Loser Bowl 2018-19 (football forum game)

It takes Guts to do that.

Follow me to victory, I know the way!

My respect goes out to @Gutsball for his pick, but alas the football gods were not kind to the bold this day.

My “save the sucky teams till the end” strategy, combined with my dislike of New England doesn’t seem to be working out.

There’s probably very few people that are bigger Patriots fans than me, but I respect those that have a genuine dislike for them as well. I would totally hate New England if I hadn’t been born and raised there.

And to your credit, there was a brief moment last night that I thought maybe the Pats were going to let the game slip away from them and hand the Colts a huge upset. Thankfully they found their rhythm again.

I’m curious though @Gutsball, which team are you a fan of?

Hey Dan, if you look I was the THIRD person to pick Indy to lose last night. So I got in before some of these bandwagoners.

Yes, indeed! Thanks for catching that :)

I support the Texans because they’re the home team and also I may subconsciously be a masochist. I also root for the Chiefs since that’s where I was born.

Kansas City deserves all the love it gets these days. Great town. Great Sports Town. Great Football Town.

Hear hear!

@Gutsball, what part of KC do you hail from? I spent several summers of my youth in Overland Park.

I was born in Independence but my family lived around Pleasant Valley I think. They moved from KC when I was two but we used to visit relatives there every summer so don’t have many memories of it. My first baseball game was at Royals Stadium on a Fourth of July. I only really remember a couple of things from that game. Sitting on the steps eating red, white, and blue cookies and Reggie Jackson’s picture on the old school Jumbotron.

I also remember driving past the old balloon logo sign for Worlds of Fun but I never got to go there.

Yeah, mine too. Too young to remember much beyond that jumbotron.

I do remember this:

Late to the party after traveling this week, so I’m feeling pretty safe that the Skins will fall to the Saints.

This week, the Seahawks are set for a defeat.

Yeah, you missed the Gestalt that worked.

Closing in on the first games of the day, so a reminder of no picks from:
@rowe33
@Grim72
@Scotch_Lufkin

May I suggest the Ravens, as the Browns will inexplicably trounce them because I really want that to happen? (er … maybe NOT the best choice upon further reflection, but I’d respect your bravery should you make it!)

Here’s the link to the poll

Thanks for the reminder, I keep forgetting!

Let’s go for 49ers this week.

Got ya in :)

I’ll go for Seattle, thanks!

Ha, Miami haters!!

But seriously, who the hell are the Dolphins?!