NFL Loser Bowl 2018-19 (football forum game)

I’m with you on Marino. @Navaronegun probably loved it, but I wasn’t there either. And I think that’s the point. The NFL, thankfully and … unfortunately, is about ebb and flow. My team may be great now and suck two seasons from now. Dynasties are a thing of the past. Except for the Patriots, defying odds.

Ain’t it the truth.

If you’d have told me that, 8 games in, that the Bears would be the clear best team in the NFC North? I’d have called you crazy.

I don’t expect them to do anything if they make the playoffs, but I’m certainly thinking division champs is within reach.

I thought they’d be lucky to get 5 wins all season. They’ve got that halfway, and the third best point differential in the league.

Imagine a Philly fan this year. WTF happened?

No, it wasn’t great because we were getting pwned by the Bills at the time.

I think the Patriot snowflake sensitivity talk by @Spect is laughable. Price of success. Deal with it.

If anyone deserves to cry about losses though, I’d throw the Bills up there in the top 5.

0-4 in the Superbowl. And in consecutive years.

4 Super Bowls, in 4 years, all loses. It put things into perspective for a young Broncos fan.

In Marino’s career, (1983-1999) the longest consecutive streak of AFC East titles for the Dolphins was three, right at the start of his career in 1983/84/85. After that there isn’t even a spell with back-to-back division wins.

Marino was 17-13 against the Patriots in the regular season and 0-2 in the post season.

I guess if you started watching football around 1989 you’d think Marino owned New England because he went on an eleven game win streak, but that cancelled out a 3-8 record vs the Patriots at the start of his career and it wasn’t until 1991 that Marino got back to .500 against the Pats.

Brady plays in a better system and Belichick’s teams don’t beat themselves like McCarthy’s do. Last night being the perfect example. Mike McCarthy: Next head coach of the Cleveland Browns.

LOL - yeah, I can see that happening.

As for comparing QBs to one another, Jason brings up a great point which is at least the tip of the iceberg; the sport is one of the least individualistic out there, so the stats we use to make the arguments are so strongly influenced by teammates, scheme, and play calling.

In regards to the Bills, I always felt for those guys back in their string of Super Bowl losses. Oh-so-close in XXV, and then never sniffing victory again. That would have killed me.

In all seriousness, I don’t think it’s far-fetched. The buzz here in Wisconsin is that McCarthy is gone after this year, especially if the Pack misses the playoffs again, which they very well might. And there’s a strong Dorsey-McCarthy connection.

In Browns Town, the local media has quietly talked up the notion of a young coach with “new ideas.” Seems a little passive aggressive of them, tbh.

Hey man, no need to bring more hate. Look, I get it. As a peace offering, I give you the below article. You all will love it. It’s everything you need for your “Why I hate the Patriots” rants. It came out before the SB last year. Just know that your tears bring me joy.

I don’t ‘hate’ New England, I’m more tired of them, you know? As in, it would be neat to see someone else in the AFC title game every so often.

Or one of these teams finally win a Super Bowl:

• Arizona Cardinals
  • Atlanta Falcons
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Carolina Panthers
  • Cincinnati Bengals
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Detroit Lions
  • Houston Texans
  • Jacksonville Jaguars
  • Los Angeles Chargers
  • Minnesota Vikings
  • Tennessee Titans

Just saying, the Browns might even settle for even being in a Super Bowl.

Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever, for sure - but there is a confluence of things that have put him in that position. Ownership committed to winning. An excellent coach who knows how to scheme defensively and also knows how to gameplan the offense around his players and against the weaknesses of his opponent (too many coaches want to run ‘their’ style rather then taking what is given). He has also been the beneficiary of a team and organization that is more than happy to push and break the rules to eek out an advantage. He has been the beneficiary of some favorable officiating in key moments (tuck rule). His division has been consistently the worst in the NFL for 18 years.

He is the GOAT because the results matter, and the ability to consistently win for 2 decades is unheard of… but if I’m using my eyeballs and starting a team I would take Peyton Manning. Manning is the best QB I have ever seen play the game.

Speaking of Marino, I hated the Pats long ago. In 82 and 85 to be exact.

Ah yeah. The good ole’ “Squish the Fish!” game.

Fuck Joe Montana.

I still think Kenny Anderson is one of the great underrated QBs of his generation.