NFL playoffs Divisional weekend

Having to enter information manually is forcing me to clean up my code somewhat.

…and learn about Python’s variable scoping rules.

Seattle at Green Bay
Jacksonville at New England
San Diego at Indianapolis
N.Y. Giants at Dallas

^–No big surprise here.

Details… refresh browser if you still see the wild card games. (Title still says “Week 18.” Ignore it.) caesarbear’s wonderful “killer rimbot” image makes an appearance, too…

Seattle at Green Bay: Obligatory homer pick. Plus it’s only Monday and I’m already tired of “we’re gonna take the ball and we’re going to score” crap.
San Diego at Indianapolis: Laser. Rocket. Arm.
N.Y. Giants at Dallas: Giants are on a roll, but I have a feeling it’s coming to an end.

current count of upset predictions (out of 21) –
Seattle (3)
Jacksonville (3)
San Diego (1)
NY Giants (9)

I find it fascinating that more people are picking New England to lose than are picking Indy to lose.

But then, the Chargers are probably playing without Antonio Gates, and there’s the Norv Turner factor.

It’s going to be a good weekend.

Because more people hate the Patriots than the Colts.

Duh.

Just an FYI: I read this morning that Football Outsiders (take it for what it is worth) rank the AFC right now as: Patriots, Jaguars, Chargers, Colts. And rank all four of those ahead of any of the four NFC teams.

(edited because my typing suxor today)

The Superbowl is rarely a good game.

Seattle at Green Bay
N.Y. Giants at [B]Dallas

[/B]Man, that Jacksonville game… I’m afraid to pick either team. I’m going with New England, but will not be surprised either way.

No upsets! I can’t pick the Giants because Eli Manning will be Eli Manning sooner or later, and he’ll think Plaxico is 17 feet tall. I can’t pick Jacksonville because I picked against New England so much during the season and was routinely wrong, plus Belichick will scheme and stop Taylor and MJD. I can’t pick San Diego over Indianapolis because Gates is likely out (or at least half-speed) and Manning has all his weapons back, and even if Harrison is a non-factor Manning hasn’t really needed him this year. I can’t pick Seattle because they’re playing a team that actually has an offensive line, and Shaun Alexander is old and busted.

I think all four games have a chance to be really good, though. This should be a good week to watch.

Seattle at Green Bay
N.Y. Giants at Dallas

Jacksonville is on fire. I think they have a pretty good shot at downing the 16-0 champs.

Seattle at Green Bay - I’m sure there will be at least one upset this weekend…my gut says it’ll be this game.
N.Y. Giants at Dallas

Seattle at Green Bay
N.Y. Giants at Dallas

Seattle at Green Bay
N.Y. Giants at Dallas

Seattle at Green Bay
N.Y. Giants at Dallas

— Alan

That used to be true, but in the last 10 years, more Superbowls have been pretty good than not.

Grant is the Seahawk’s greatest weapon.

Not anymore.

Ugh. Seattle’s probably done, since they don’t have a chance if their defense isn’t on. They’re not and the weather conditions aren’t helping.

I love it when you guys post stuff during games. It always turns out great in posterity.

Wow, Seattle didn’t have anything at all, beyond those two early turnovers. I think Sean Alexander’s day is done, and Seattle really needs to take a good look at their offensive line for Maurice Morris next year.

Heh, no kidding. Also, this:

Hey, I hold to my statement – Grant’s fumbles were directly responsible for 14 of Seattle’s 20 points :)