NFL Playoffs: Wild Card Weekend

Kansas City at Indianapolis
Dallas at Seattle
N.Y. Jets at New England
N.Y. Giants at Philadelphia

A few people asked for it, so why not? Does everyone prefer that we just add these on top of the season rankings? That’s what I’m leaning toward right now, but if anyone has a better idea, feel free to share it.

No way! Everyone gets a new start in the playoffs.

Dallas at Seattle
N.Y. Jets at New England

Dallas at Seattle
N.Y. Jets at New England

Well I have to say that Dallas’ game at Seattle worries the hell out of me. As a Cowboys fan, there’s this big queasyness that sits in the pit of your stomach and really doesn’t want to go away.

— Alan

Dallas at Seattle
N.Y. Jets at New England

But then all of us LOSERS have no real shot at overtaking Patrick.

We should do like in Final Jeopardy and let people wager part of their “wins” in an effort to improve - so if you were 150-100, and wagered 10 “wins” on the first game and won, you’d be 160-100, but if you lost, you’d be 140-110. That lets people bet big to recover!

Dallas at Seattle
N.Y. Jets at New England

Whoops, meant to edit this one, instead made a new post. So now this is filler.

Dallas at Seattle
N.Y. Jets at New England

Kansas City at Indianapolis - No way I can pick a team with a run defense as spectacularly awful as Indy’s.
Dallas at Seattle - Seattle will lose.

“Cornerback Jimmy Williams will miss the playoffs with a torn anterior cruciate ligament, forcing the Seahawks to turn to two newcomers – neither of whom was in the NFL as of Monday – to bolster their depleted defensive secondary. Pete Hunter, a cornerback who arrived in Seattle on Monday and worked out for the team Tuesday before signing, was working as a loan officer out of his home near Dallas and was being recruited by Immigration and Customs Enforcement, an investigative branch of Homeland Security. John Howell, a safety who also signed Tuesday and played 10 games for the Seahawks last season, was running his own hunting-tour business in rural Nebraska. They, along with cornerback Rich Gardner, who was signed last week, will serve as fill-ins for a defensive backfield that has lost three of its top four cornerbacks in the past two weeks.”

N.Y. Jets at New England The Jets got the upset once, but NE has more to play for now.
N.Y. Giants at Philadelphia - Eli Manning is going to go down in history as a bust if he can’t find some sort of confidence. The guy’s afraid to take a hit, doesn’t step into his throws.

Dallas at Seattle
N.Y. Jets at New England

Pete Hunter used to play for the Cowboys but was pretty awful in the secondary.

— Alan

I’m all up for the Romos vs. my beloved Seahawks. My older brother’s a Romos fan, so he’s coming over. He thinks the ‘Chickens will win, but he’s evidently unaware that they’ve been signing Qwest field janitorial staff to play cornerback this weekend. Everyone’ll have the anointing oil back out for good ol’ Tony after this one.

Kansas City at Indianapolis: I think this game is the round 1 game most likely to end in an upset. But I still think the LASER ROCKET ARM will probably win for the Colts.
Dallas at Seattle: Dallas is going to win but I’m not going to pick against the Seahawks.
N.Y. Jets at New England

I wasn’t in the big season pool, but here are my picks:

Dallas at Seattle
N.Y. Jets at New England

Kansas City at Indianapolisduh
Dallas at Seattledo i really have to pick one of these teams?
N.Y. Jets at New Englandif they can beat vince, they can beat anyone
N.Y. Giants at Philadelphia – something tells me the gnats win. gut feeling

Dallas at Seattle
N.Y. Jets
at New England

Dallas at Seattle
N.Y. Jets at New England

Not my preferred picks, but the outcome I expect. :\

Kansas City at Indianapolis: Indy’s only hope is to come out big and get a 14 point lead in the first quarter and force KC into a passing game. That said, the reality is that running against Indy probably nets more yards than passing…

Dallas at Seattle: Man…blech. Someone’s gotta win.

N.Y. Jets at New England: Pats at home? I’ll take 'em. If the Jets win, Mangini is a bad, bad mofo of a coach.

N.Y. Giants at Philadelphia: Ignoring the Tiki factor, I think right now Philly most resembles last years Steelers. They reek of a “team of destiny”.