NFL Playoffs: Wild Card Weekend

I wish we could give “certainty ratings” to our picks. Like I’m feeling very good about the Pats pick, less good about the Indy pick (even less after reading BTG’s point about the running – it’s not like KC can’t run the ball), and absolutely 0% about anything involving an NFC East team.

Kansas City at Indianapolis
Dallas at Seattle
N.Y. Jets at New England
N.Y. Giants vs Philadelphia

I wasn’t in the regular season pool either, but I like picking playoff games.

• Kansas City at Indianapolis - Indy’s defense obviously has issues, but I think KC’s has even more holes. I hope this game is 35-28 at halftime.

• Dallas at Seattle - how can you pick a team that couldn’t do better than 8-8 in the NFC West?

• N.Y. Jets at New England - I think the Jets will play well, but will come up just a little short.

• N.Y. Giants vs Philadelphia - I’m rooting for the Giants, but they look like a team about to lose by two touchdowns.

I want to start over. The playoffs are completely different from the regular season.

Dallas at Seattle
N.Y. Jets at New England
N.Y. Giants at Philadelphia

Hey there, they were 9-7

Kansas City at Indianapolis - Laser Rocket Arm
Dallas at Seattle - If Seattle wasn’t hiring people off the street to play cornerback, I’d go the other way.
N.Y. Jets at New England - I hate the Patriots, but they’re gonna smoke the Jets.
N.Y. Giants at Philadelphia - Giants have just fallen apart to much.

That’s what we’re going to do. That lets people who didn’t join in during the season do so now.

If I’d thought about it, we should’ve gone with assigning each game a number from one through four, to help differentiate so we don’t have a massive tie at the end, which looks pretty probable right now. We still can, I just want to be sure there’s interest in that, and that anyone who’s made picks will edit this in. Especially since so many people already have.

So how bout that? Is there any interest?

So then we can have two winners, the straight-up pick winner and the “points” winner?" Eh. So there could be a tie.

Can’t resist…

Kansas City at Indianapolis - Indy will win, home field, but not by much.

Dallas at Seattle - Seattle with the insane home field (me included) will propel them to the high scoring victory.

N.Y. Jets at New England - NE

N.Y. Giants at Philadelphia - Giants, Jeff Garcia is not the second coming.

Great, so now I can play too? excelente!

Kansas City at Indianapolis sorry but KC wasn’t all that and Manning can win this one by himself. (Though I don’t see them Colts going much further than that)
Dallas at Seattle . Tough one. Dislike both teams. Maybe Shaun Alexander and Matt Hasselbeck can show hints of their brilliance? Also, I rather have the Seahawks against my Bears.
N.Y. Jets at New England: another tough one. Lets see the Jets pull off the upset!
N.Y. Giants at Philadelphia.

Dallas at Seattle
N.Y. Jets at New England

Indianapolis hasn’t lost at home all year, so it’s a tough pick. I just think Herm Edwards will give the ball to LJ all game long and Manning will have to score six times on six posessions or the Colts lose.

I’m in too:

Dallas at Seattle
N.Y. Jets at New England

Gah, 3 road teams.

— Alan

American professional sports demands that whatever happens during the regular season is completely irrelevant to who’s the best and who wins.

Why not make it so that you have to pick for the entire Playoff tree an not just week by week? That should narrow it down.

Kansas City at Indianapolis: Sorry, Laser. Rocket. Arm. will win this one.
Dallas at Seattle: The ManBoob and Romo win, mainly because Seattle’s defence can’t stop the pass.
N.Y. Jets at New England: Best game to watch, IMO. Pats pull it out, maybe in OT?
N.Y. Giants at Philadelphia: Eli tosses picks like he was playing in Spinal Tap. Garcia’s playing like he’s 10 years younger. Giants loose, Coughlin gets fired/leaves, Shockey for Head Coach campaign starts in NYC.

I should have thought about this before I just threw up the thread.

So it’s probably going to just have to be the same rules as during the year, clean slate.

Kansas City at Indianapolis sorry but KC wasn’t all that and Manning can win this one by himself. (Though I don’t see them Colts going much further than that)

Not intending to pick on Juan Rayo here, but I’ve seen this sentiment several times here and elsewhere, i.e. “Indy will win this game, but won’t get farther because they can’t stop the run”.

Exactly what running team is better than KC right now? You could argue maybe San Diego, but is there another AFC playoff team with a better running game, or are we thinking it’s Indy vs. SD in the AFC Championship, Indy loses?

The game is KC’s offense vs Indy’s defense and Indy offense vs KC’s defense. You can’t reduce it down to KC running vs Indy run defense.

You can if KC dominates TOP and gives Indy only 6 possessions. At least, some would call that a reasonable game plan.

Or, put another way, if you reduce it to that, that’s good coaching!

Yeah exactly, I was mostly thinking about KC trying to stop manning. Still, I did choose the Colts thinking “Kc does have a chance with their running game”. So it was a hard choice.
(Written with Mr.Caesarbear post in mind)

Damn Mr. BTG types fast.

Edited to try and have it make sense

Except that when you have a passing offense like Indy, you don’t need to win TOP in order to win the game. If KC had a pass rush anything like SD, then I’d say Indy wouldn’t stand a chance, but they don’t.