NFL Playoffs: Wild Card Weekend

Kansas City over Indianapolis
Dallas over Seattle
New England over NY Jets
Philadelphia over NY Giants

Um… you saw how the Houston Texans beat the Colts, right?

In Houston? Yes.

The Colts had six possessions. If KC limits the Colts to six possessions, I don’t think they’re going to win.

Indy over KC
Dallas loses to Seattle
New England over NY Jets
Philadelphia over NY Giants

Atlhough I’ll be really happy if KC knocks out Indy, since the Chiefs have been my “home team” since forever, although I’ve mainly followed Marty over the team, so I’m a Chargers guy now.

Titans lost by one point in Indy. They should have won that game. It’s not like the Colts blow everyone out there. And it’s not like they get better against the run at home, either.

So, the Colts only advance if they blow out the Chiefs?

Well more NFL news:

• Art Shell was fired
  • Cowher has stepped down
  • LT got the MVP in a landslide

This is the craziest coaching off-season I can recall. You have several coaching vacancies showing up unexpectedly – Saban & Cowher – and only three coaches that actually got fired (Green, Shell,Mora).

I think Miami should grovel and get Jim Bates back to be HC; Pittsburgh should promote Grimm; Atlanta should hire Norm Chow; Arizona should hire Martz (for the sheer entertainment aspect); and Oakland should go with Ryan (but won’t since Al is insane).

Why did Cower leave, pray tell?

Heh. No, I’m just saying that the Colts aren’t invincible at home. They have the same weaknesses they’ve been showing over the last few weeks.

Kansas City at Indianapolis
Dallas at Seattle
N.Y. Jets at New England
N.Y. Giants at Philadelphia

I heard rumor that Cowher was talking with the 'fins. That would be awesome.

Apparently he claims burnout. There was only a year left in his contract, and no coach can operate on a one-year lame duck contract confidently. Everyone expects him to take a year off and then come back to the NFL, although since there’s a year left on his contract I’m assuming there’ll have to be some compensation (or maybe he waits 3 years and goes back to the Steelers after they get rid of their current coach).

Cowher has a great legacy in Pittsburgh, would be a shame to see that get tossed by going to coach for the Cardinals in 2010. Although maybe he’s waiting for the UNC or NC State jobs to open up.

Aw, that’s cute.

If the Giants win it’s going to be almost entirely because of Tiki going “just hand me the goddamn rock and everyone else – please try not to fuck up” (withering glare at Eli).

LOL. He basicly said that on his radio show, but a little kinder.

No. The only way they can win is if Eli has a career day. You need more than a one-dimensional offense to beat the Eagles, the way their defense has been playing.

Maybe it’s gonna be all about the centers

I can totally see Cowher thinking after the SB win “We may have something special here”, and then seeing how tenuous things are (again) in the NFL, with Ben busting himself, then losing his appendix. Realizing that he doesn’t want to deal with a lame duck year in 2007-8, and doesn’t really want to sign an extension deciding to hang it up now (for now).

15 years in the environment of the NFL is crazy.

I was thinking more along the lines of a classic Iggles playoff choke-job.