Cincinnatti @ Kansas City
Chicago @ Green Bay
Dallas @ Jacksonville
San Francisco @ Arizona
Indianapolis @ NY Giants
Minnesota @ Washington
San Diego @ Oakland

At least you’re realistic :)

Miami @ Pittsburgh Even without any of their starters, Pittsburgh is a tough place to play
Baltimore @ Tampa Bay lol tampa bay
Atlanta @ Carolina Vick is still overrated and he’s not that highly rated any more
Denver @ St. Louis Dirty Denver Blocking Schemes for the win
Buffalo @ New England Tom Brady. Bills Suck.
Philadelphia @ Houston Houston still has no offensive line. It’s really offensive.
New Orleans @ Cleveland I’m a Bush Believer
Seattle @ Detroit SEAHAWKS RAWRRAWRRAWRRAWR
NY Jets @ Tennessee Tennessee is going to have a long season ahead of them
Cincinnatti @ Kansas City Palmer is the real deal
Chicago @ Green Bay Favre will be back in form and Greenbay will have something to cheer about. For a week.
Dallas @ Jacksonville I don’t like Parcells but he’s the man.
San Francisco @ Arizona dur.
Indianapolis @ NY Giants Colts asplode. Manning the Younger grows up.
Minnesota @ Washington Washington: the most talented worst team in football?
San Diego @ Oakland You know how bad Oakland is? Two words: Art Shell

Hahaha you know I almost went with SF, but changed it. Remember, they won week one vs. the Rams last year! I don’t see them winning against the Cards, in their new big bad house, in the Cards’ first home season opener since they moved to Arizona. WTF is that about? Do you get home preference only with a better record? Plus, the Niners ain’t winning games until Smith gets benched and Trent Dilfer, the NFL Pariah, starts.

Miami @ Pittsburgh
Baltimore @ Tampa Bay
Atlanta @ Carolina
Denver @ St. Louis
Buffalo @ New England
Philadelphia @ Houston
New Orleans @ Cleveland
Seattle @ Detroit
NY Jets @ Tennessee
Chicago @ Green Bay
Dallas @ Jacksonville
San Francisco @ Arizona
Indianapolis @ NY Giants
Minnesota @ Washington
San Diego @ Oakland

I don’t know, they got sent to fucking Mexico last year for their first game. Maybe somebody in the league offices hates them?

I always forget to pick against Daunte Culpepper in big games, since he gets turnover prone when the pressure’s on. I am definitely not a fan of his play.

All along I was rooting for the Steelers because I forgot I picked Miami. I can tell I going to be awesome at this.

I joined dannimal’s Yahoo Pick’Em Group, but I’ll post mine here anyway.

Week 1

Miami @ Pittsburgh (too late for my pick)
Baltimore @ Tampa Bay
Atlanta @ Carolina
Denver @ St. Louis
Buffalo @ New England
Philadelphia @ Houston
New Orleans @ Cleveland
Seattle @ Detroit
NY Jets @ Tennessee
Chicago @ Green Bay
Dallas @ Jacksonville
San Francisco @ Arizona
Indianapolis @ NY Giants (my reverse jinx pick; now the Giants will win)
Minnesota @ Washington
San Diego @ Oakland

As I watched Ronnie Brown bust his ass all night getting a measly 30 yards on 15 carries, and the Dolphins secondary fall alseep on the 87-yard Heath Miller TD with 6 minutes to go, I realized: I hate being right.

Way to limpwrist the challenge flag, Nick. What the gay? An NFL head coach notorious for making his players cry in practice can’t fucking flip the challenge flag 15 feet so a ref can see it? Pathetic.

The game was truly lost, though, when the Dolphins were held to a figgie and the game went down to 14-10.

Yeah, that was bizarre. Wasn’t anyone in the booth screaming throw the damned flag now!?

But I thought the long completion, TD or not, was the turning point. You just backed the Steelers up to their 13, leading 17-14 with 6 minutes to go. The game was totally winnable. And you let them score a TD in ONE PLAY? Man.

I can’t believe the Dolphins lost that game. Their defense was doing a really good job for most of the game, but that 9 or 10 minute Pittsburgh drive was just too much. Miami isn’t a young defense and they were on the field too long. It showed later in the game when they game up that long TD to Heath Miller.

Willie Parker looked good and held up nicely. He still had some burst left late in the 4th quarter. Ronnie Brown should be fine against non Pittsburgh defenses. He showed some flashes of what he can do.

Culpepper took quite a few hits and did a little running. Now he just needs to get in sync with the team. Hopefully Pittsburgh realizes that they don’t need to rush Big Ben back. Batch did fine running the offense.

You guys interested in a pick’em league? It sure beats typing.

cough http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showpost.php?p=732099&postcount=11

Man, you got that in right after I saw it. Must have skipped that one. In any case, it’s full! :(

How can it be full? There are only 2 teams, including me, in it!

The Dolphins had that game. Then Miami’s secondary fell apart. Sure, they weren’t stopping the run, but they were mugging guys pretty effectively in the passing routes and holding their own for the most part. Then they stopped.

Then, one fumble and two consecutive Culpepper picks and it was over. So very sad. I expected/hoped for more from Miami.

Willie Parker 29 carries, 115 yards. I was admittedly disregarding Parker as a Super Bowl curiosity who would not live up to that hype. Culpepper looked 100% healthy, but his actual decision-making hearkened back to 3 or 4 seasons ago, when he was a turnover machine. In all fairness, neither of those picks were moronic and it’s hardly a disgrace to get schooled by Troy Polamalu and Joey Porter. Conversely, I wouldn’t have bet a dollar on Charlie Batch throwing 3 TDs. Yeah, he went 2-0 as a starter last year - against an already wheel-less Green Bay and Cleveland (who had the lead at the half in that game). So, although his first half play was as shaky as expected, he really pulled it together in the wake of that retarded goal line fumble (which might not have been his fault, I forget).

As for the fumble, I’m fairly certain that he was the one who started to lose control, and when he did it went towards one of his linemen who then kicked it accidentally. Something like that.