NFL, Week 2

Hail to the Redskins! Fuck Dallas! :lol:

I think the Ravens would been a lot further along if they had simply gone with Wright as their starter 3 years ago. The two first rounders they gave up for Boller could have been converted into offensive picks that would have helped them out immensely – say, a WR and an OL.

I think last week’s game was an aberration due to the complete lack of an OL. The defensive linemen were beating the ball to the QB half the time.[/quote]

Give SOME credit to the Titans defense. Albert Haynesworth is the best DT that no one has ever heard of (except Titans fans, of course). And there is some good, young talent along that line (Starks, Odom, VDB).

No doubt, but at the same time they allowed Montae Reagor to get like 3 sacks because they could barely stop Freeney using double and triple teams. When your “All Pro” left tackle can’t even get CLOSE to handling the defense’s pass rusher, you have problems. When your LT and LG together have a hard time, then you REALLY have problems.

Agreed, the Baltimore OL apparently was trying to learn from Houston on how to create and execute effective blocking schemes (ie. not at all).

— Alan

In Houston’s case, it’s no surprise. Same thing every season. But Baltimore is interesting because they were known as a pretty good OL last year, and especially the year before. Stacking the box against Lewis is not new; it’s just a lot more effective all of a sudden. They might be OK when they go up against a slower DL that is built to push, with less athleticism than the Colts and Titans have. Note that I am NOT saying the Colts and Titans have the best DLs or anything. I am saying both have athletic players first. The Ravens might fare better against a team like the Raiders…of course, that just means they can take weak defenses, which is not something you want to hear as a Ravens fan.

Curtis Martin hanging in for 31 carries on a back wheel. He’s the man. I guess he had no choice since Pennington really didn’t have the most consistent game.

As a longtime Skins fan, I loved watching them pull the Monday night game out of the dumpster. Nice to see them go for broke and hand the game over to their defense. The dirtiness of their offensive play before the two TD strikes is a little worrisome though.

As a longtime Cowboys fan, I’d like to beat awdougherty about the head with whatever it was the Cowboys choked on. ;)

Also remember it’s not just QB protection that Baltimore’s OL is hindering… it’s the running game. Lewis did exactly what on Sunday? Not much. If you can’t get that going, the passing game is going to suffer majorly. It’s pretty much a big vicious pentagram.

— Alan

Also remember it’s not just QB protection that Baltimore’s OL is hindering… it’s the running game. Lewis did exactly what on Sunday? Not much. If you can’t get that going, the passing game is going to suffer majorly. It’s pretty much a big vicious circle.

— Alan