NieR: Automata

Definitely don’t do sidequests before fast travel. But don’t assume they’re all doable on a B or C playthrough because I don’t think that’s actually true. (There are unique sidequests for those playthroughs though.)

Not that they’re all essential, or even mostly essential.

There are only a few “pretty good” side quests if I remember right.

If you get into it then feel free to do them all.

If you’re wavering on the game I recommend skipping them and focusing on the main quest, which is very good.

So as I “got into it” real good and was playing until 3AM last night, that means I am at work on 3 hours of sleep. Thanks, obama.

I had two sidequests fail on me, I guess because I got too far in the main story (wandering couple and emil). So that sucks, but I assume I will be able to do them as 9S? And all the sidequests I already did (shows 40%) will be finished, I won’t have to redo them, right?

Right now I am at the factory escaping from the religiously crazied.

You don’t have to redo sidequests, as far as I know. Not sure if you can redo failed quests, because I played the game “organically”. I’ll come back to it eventually to go on a “completionist” run. ;)

I did some Googling and forgot that you can do a “chapter select” later where you can complete any quest.

Proceed without anxiety!

Oh yeah, that much is true! I never used those. I’ll just do a full playthrough sometime in the future. ;)

Thanks. Them dastardly Japanese and their vaguenesses!

Sorry for this bump, but I have to share this Tweet about the game nearly being cancelled because Yoko Taro didn’t like getting up early that made me roar with laughter!

NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS edition is $20 on Xbox Live this week. Very tempted since I believe it’s @rhamorim that considers it the best game of all time.

On the Playstation store it’s called “Game of the YoRHa Edition” and it’s also $20. Is that the same as the xbox edition? Wonder why they are named differently.

Whats a YoRHa ?

Wiki says YoRHa is an elite military force of androids charged by the Council of Humanity with fighting the invading aliens and their Machine Lifeforms.

Hey, it is my favorite game of the last decade by far, yes, but it’s my favorite. I have no idea if your tastes align with mine, so please adjust your expectations accordingly.

That said, you’ll only know if you play the game, so… ;)

I feel confident saying it’s one of the most interesting games on the past decade. There’s so much going on, both thematically and mechanically. It’s a work that makes me with I was still in college (and doing some kind of Modern Media degree) so I could write a thesis about it.

So my time to play games is limited, how long or rather how many times will I have to play through this game if I want to experience all the endings?

I read it has like 6 endings or something like that . :)

Half off on Steam is tempting me, and I have some birthday money to spend.

Well, technically, there’s actually 27 endings.

For the ones that matter though (A-E), it should be around 25-30 hours.

It is a gimmick. The “endings” or “routes” are basically chapters. First you play 2B female android, then play part of the same campaign as 9S (her male android companion), then you play another female android again.

Ah ok, so same story but different perspective each time?

Only 9S is different perspective, the one after that is story continuation.

Took my about 30 hours to do the main path (up to ending “E”) with most sidequests.