NieR: Automata

I died on those as well (ending W). The trick to beat them is ABD.

Always. Be. Dodging.

I’d say story and spectacle, helped along by some fun gameplay.

It took me an embarrassingly long time to catch on to one of the new mechanics in the second playthrough.

I suppose you mean the hacking. Yeah, I still have a hard time with it. And I wish it had a dodge option.

I witched to “easy” and discovered the auto chip… basically the game plays itself… So “I” finished off those arms, hehe… there was this part where they just smashed me, no dodging. Anyways, switched back to normal If the road to the first boss wasn’t taking so much time… I could practice my fighting skills, though … so the time was not lost. Good game so far. I’ll play this when I come from Zelda and want just to fight something without being concerned about my weapons…

A crash at the end of the route B prologue sure killed all my goodwill for this game.

I wish I could slap the person who thought these long sequences without a checkpoint were a good idea.

Ugh, every time I get close to getting this game, I read about crap like this. I think that save points are my biggest pet peeve. (I have also been reading about the terrible setup for Mass Effect as well)

If your going to use this system for game-play purposes (Because there is no other reason to not allow save anywhere in 2017) then A: Your game better be rock solid with no crashes and B: the save points need to be placed properly with no long gaps or unskippable cut scenes that the player has to go over endlessly.

Is this not like Chapter 1 in the "How to develop a game?

They probably leave it out of the game-dev manual, because it’s so obvious. ;)

I fired it up for a quick look last night, to be met with a big warning saying there was ‘no autosave’. Then halfway through the first tutorial mission I needed to break, but for some reason saving was locked out for that whole lengthy sequence. I have no idea why… there’s greyed-out quicksave and full save options in the menu screens. :P

I think it is intentional, but have no clue why… maybe artistically justified.

I only got burned by it in the prologue but there were some other segments that had me worried too.

https://img.fireden.net/v/image/1450/62/1450628682294.png

Yoko Taro doesn’t care about our suffering.

I don’t recall there being many stretches outside of the prologue where you had to go very long without an opportunity to hit a save point. And the two boss battles where I died both had mid-battle checkpoints.

This second playthrough is going in some…uh… interesting directions.

The interludes during the battle with Simone caught me off guard and were quite effective.

Can’t wait to see where it heads–though I’m starting to get an inkling about what might be touched upon in the third run.

the game after the prologue is way more managable, I think… I am now in the dessert and it has a pretty cool atmosphere … but that dammned prologue was really testing your patience… but I will see after the next boss battle…

Yes, they were. In my case, I expected something of the sort, but it was still effective. Really well executed stuff.

The game is annoyingly locked to an internal rendering resolution for me, I think it’s 900p - probably the same as the console res.

So I’m thankful for this mod, though there is word an official patch for the issue is coming at some point.

The automated installer is here, and the Steam thread with instructions is here.

After two endings, this game vaguely reminds me of Undertale.

It’s been a long time since there was a game that engrossed me as much as this, and kept me thinking about where it might go. Too bad it happened to come along at the busiest time of year for me at work.

Does anything amazing happen in the first hour of the third playthrough?

If not, this is probably a good time to stop since DS3 DLC and the SF5 free week both hit tomorrow.

I’ve already stopped Nioh to play Nier. Crazy time, and I’ve skipped half the big releases.

I’ll tell you for sure when I get there, but judging from what I’ve seen so far, I expect the answer to be “of course”.