Nightfighter (boardgame) - forum game thread

Well guys, I’m on the east coast, so I’ve got to go to bed. I’ll be able to play most of the day tomorrow, though, so I’ll check here in the morning. Thanks!

and I thought this was Nightfighter!

and BGG says it’s best at 1-2 and only for 1-2 players. Why am I seeing 3 players in this forum game? :p

The Nazis liked to talk about “total war”, but it was only the Allies who took it to the logical extreme of not even following established bedtimes if that’s what it takes for victory.

It’s really a two-player game: one player (who runs the nightfighters) and one “umpire” who runs the bombers and controls the “blind” aspect of the game. I think that face-to-face, having each fighter controlled by a different player would be cumbersome and not very interesting, but for a forum game, it’s perfect.

There is a solo system that Phil Sabin published, as well.

I’m awake again, and thankfully my nightfighter didn’t crash while I was asleep. I think we’re still waiting for our third fighter to report his position and heading.

In the meantime, I’ve started reading the solo rules Brooski mentioned. So far I like what I see!

I have made my Bomber Entry, so you can all move your fighters as well. @AleccMG, you can make your move with your initial placement.

Hex 0102 direction 1. Using 2MP for movement to 0302, facing 3.

Alecc1a

Edit: Just re-read the rules: the bombers are still unseen, lol. I’ll post a move in a sec.

I use 5 MP to move to 1002, facing 3.

(Hex by hex: First move forward from 1004 to 0904, still facing 5; move to 0803 and turn right to facing 6; move to 0802 turn right to facing 1; move to 0902 turn right to facing 2; move to 1002 turn right to facing 3.)

Hope I got that right. Sheesh, my setup facing made my first move needlessly complicated, requiring a 300-degree turn to the right! Live and learn.

Edit: With that, I’m off to bed. Will check in in the morning.

Move two spaces to 1602 facing 4 again.

Tom Mc

That looks like movement! We stand-by for @Brooski’s tally results and the next turn!

There will be a move this afternoon, Pacific Time.

Hmm so I havent played the game but I am guessing this is double blind so posting screenshots for spectators of the overall situation is a no no?

I think we could post shots of the situation from the players’ perspective, no? I’m actually playing the game on my tabletop, so I could photograph it and post it here. But I’ll wait for Brooski to approve this.

I’ll be out for the next few hours, but back in time to respond to whatever Brooski does by this evening.

No, this is single-blind: a player who has incomplete information, and an all-knowing umpire (who is really the opponent). So I will be posting each turn from the players’ perspective, and the spectators will be able to see everything the players can see. So kibitzing will be encouraged!

cool cool!

Posts updated above. @Spock, @Tom_Mc, and @AleccMG to move.

Move to 1505 facing 3

Tom Mc

From 0302:3 -> 0303:2 -> 0403:1 -> 0503:2 -> 0603:3

Just going to troll around over here a while!