Nike Plus users?

You’ll probably smoke me, but I’ll try. My user name there is: ClayH

I’ll let you set up the competition so that you can mess around with the Nike+ interface. There’s no friend list or community, per se - just start a competition and then add people who you are interested in competing against. A visit to the forums may help you find more people – or, try searching through the records of people in your area, people with similar demographics, times, etc…

My experience is that it is better to do competitions that last less than 2 weeks, or people start to disappear.

They have been actively upgrading the features, so you may see those that you want appear sometime.

p.s. I’m also in the middle of a move, so I’m not synching regularly.

Recumbent bike FTW!

God yes. Splashed out on one a month ago after too many years of no exercise. It is a godsend.

I know this doesn’t require Nike shoes, but does it require you to have a Nano? It seems like it does but would like confirmation?

Yep, you need an iPod nano.

I wonder if Nike will do a version for the iPhone, eventually…

From some reports by people in other places it seems that it will not work on anything but a nano.

Thanks.

And only the current generation of nanos.

I don’t know if that’s something that actually requires a hardware change or if it’s just a marketing ploy, but there you go.

Does it work for riding bike? I can’t run worth shit (Flat footed-ness I think contributes to this), but I like to ride.

I use mine with the original Nano. It doesn’t work with the Mini, but will work with all Nanos.

Nope, it’s a pedometer, so it measures distance based on stride.

It would be nice to have a version that you could hook up to a bike computer that measures distance, too. Also a heart rate monitor. I’m sure that stuff is being talked about, but right now, it’s only for walking/running distance.

Man, the more I think about potential heart rate monitor integration, the cooler I think it will be. I know you can press the center button on the nano to get your “power song” to play, but wouldn’t it be better if the device adjusted the music you were listening (through BPM detection) and tried to pump you up, or cool you off, by varying the tunes?

ClayH! Challenge has been issued! Fast 2m over the next while. Sorry, the date range is borked, but their website only lets me chose ‘1’ or ‘2’ for the month number and date number range.

Cool! I just joined. If more people pick up a Nike+ gadget before the end time, you can add them to the challenge and it will retroactively consider their scores from the time we start.

I’m moving today, so probably won’t go for a run until tomorrow or Sunday. The fastest 2mi is actually a good goal for me.

Yeah, sat or sunday for me is a good one.

I figured as much - if I can set a time properly, I might do a distance-in-a-week goal as well. Probably should try to use it in IE.

You know what’s weird tho - as a person overseas - I am unable to share my profile (and use website widgets). This is something ‘coming soon’ for overseas users?!

During the time I’ve used it there have been differences between the American and foreign versions. I competed in several competitions with people in Denmark, during which time they lacked the ability to ‘trash talk’ in the competitions. I think that Nike just rolls out features in the US first - we’re Beta bunnies - and then to the rest of the world.

By the way, I think the best way to get access to those features is to simply tell the site that you’re in the US. Try logging out, clearing your cookies, and selecting the US when you return to log in again.

Yup, works ok now. Put my stats on my site. Looks kinda cool :)

Logged my first 2 mile run. It’s about 100 degrees here with very high humidity, so it’s a tough 2 miles!!

I’ve been all over the place. Calibrated it twice, the second time is good one I think. Done a couple of shorter runs - will go and try a bigger one soonish :p

Finally did my 2 miles mate!

I beat ya :p

You can keep doing 2m if you like - I haven’t closed the run.

Now I’ve issued a new challenge, fastest 1 mile. Go for it :)

Oh, no… You have to leave this one up until January! That gives me time to post a better time! This week has been a wash for running since it’s far too hot here, I was too hung over yesterday and I’m going fishing all day tomorrow. Maybe I’ll get a run in on Sunday.